Frame Sliders-Cut or No Cut?

If your only looking for safty in a Fall Over from a stop, they should work OK. But ALL frame sliders are only made for LOW SPEED fall overs at best. I looked at them and decided that even if I had a fall, they would really stop much. And I would want to replace the plastic anyway, so I passed. Now if they made some that go on the inside like the racing teams have, I might be interested since they DO save the Frame. :beerchug:

If your only looking for safty in a Fall Over from a stop, they should work OK. But ALL frame sliders are only made for LOW SPEED fall overs at best. I looked at them and decided that even if I had a fall, they would really stop much. And I would want to replace the plastic anyway, so I passed. Now if they made some that go on the inside like the racing teams have, I might be interested since they DO save the Frame. :beerchug:

Depends actually. I've had buddies who low side in the 60-80mph range and their bikes come out fine simply because of the frame sliders.
Personally, I've had them on every bike that I own (simply for the symbolic admission that it's eventually going to happen) and I would recommend the same to everyone else.

+1, I went for the cheapo's...if I go down, I'm going down...

displayimage.php

Had a lowside at about 25-30 MPH at Eureka Springs '07 and as you can see from the pics the frame sliders did there job of saving the frame and minimizing other damage.

Baby J Fairings 001.jpg

Baby J Fairings 002.jpg

Baby J Fairings 004.jpg

Baby J Fairings 005.jpg

I had the No cuts on my bike when I lowsided at 60mph. They did just what they were made for, to save the frame. They are not meant to save plastics. They took the hit and if the frame had gotten damaged, the insurance would have totalled as it is not deemed safe to put back on the road. So yes they work, but don't expect them to save you a ton of money. If you go down you will have to buy lots of stuff whether you have them or not.

I had the No cuts on my bike when I lowsided at 60mph. They did just what they were made for, to save the frame. They are not meant to save plastics. They took the hit and if the frame had gotten damaged, the insurance would have totalled as it is not deemed safe to put back on the road. So yes they work, but don't expect them to save you a ton of money. If you go down you will have to buy lots of stuff whether you have them or not.

That's kinda my thoughts about them. I plan(no rush) on putting some on my bike. Though it will be mostly for cosmetic in my eyes. Plastics,handlebars,etc... can still get damaged with or without them. After all they are Frame Sliders not Plastic savers.

I have the no-cuts. Yea, I'm chicken---just couldn't cut my baby. Thankfully---I haven't had to put them to the test.....yet!!!

I have the cut type i went with yoyodine SLiders cause they make a option to use them as tie downs so then no need for icky canyon dancers ever again.

I think I am going to put the no cuts sliders on Julis bike while I have it apart, but I never could decide what I wanted for mine. The Hayabusa is a preecision instrument of speed and aeoromatics :laugh: Seriously though, if you want top notch protection, google "race rails".

holy words...
Sadly...

just made the holes yesterday on my bike. will soon post a thread to let you know how they fit. Havent installed the body or sliders on yet to see if they fit nicely. fingers crossed :please:

Back