info for owners of the T-REX NO-CUT frame sliders

kromdom

wannabe HOON
Donating Member
Registered
hemi posted about his LEFT slider touching/rubbing on the fairing. Made me take a closer look at mine and noticed my RIGHT slider was touching the fairing ever so slightly. Link showing pic of slider touching the fairing posted by TRALL: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...36856-t-rex-no-cut-frame-slider-yes-no-2.html

Thanks to TRALL/valkyriemc for their posts about a fix offered by T-Rex: called them up and spoke with Oscar. He knew exactly what I was talking about (thanks again TRALL) and offered to ship a new stem/mount with cut-outs in the correct location to make the slider clear the fairing.

First pic is NEW stem/mount with cut-outs next to the original. 2nd pic shows the rub marks from the old stem. 3rd/4th pic shows the redesigned stem offering the necessary clearance. Voila.....no more rubs!
P.S. I spray-painted the stem black and the gouge (the 3rd pic) is from me rotating it to position the cut-out.

100_0718.jpg

100_0720.jpg

100_0723.jpg

100_0729.jpg

Last edited:
maybe i will give them a call and see what they say. He said he would send me out a replacement with the cutout longer for my left slider that was touching. Never got an email back yet so i don't know if they just went ahead and shipped one out or not. Thanks for the update and pics, looks like they took care of you

Gen? 1 or 2?

Gen II.

hemi, call T-REX and ask for Oscar so you can specify exactly which side and how it it is rubbing. So you can make sure sure he will ship you a redesigned mount to fix your issue. Best of luck. Also want to take this opportunity to give a positive plug for T-REX: no hassle, excellent after purchase support, very eager to make sure the customer is happy.

P.S. Looking at the new mount I got, may be a universal fit (it is taller and cut out is also longer)

Last edited:
It's too bad they were not designed in the beginning to fit properly, now having them notched to fit just seems like a band-aid fix. They do look nice on the bike, however you should be able to just "Bolt them on" and not have any fitament issues. Not bashing them, just my 2 cents.

however you should be able to just "Bolt them on" and not have any fitament issues.

If/when you decide to get them, ask for the redesigned mount and install should be a breeze!

BTW, the original mounts are also notched from the factory (they were designed that way I guess).

Just curious once you get them mounted how easy it is to take fairings off and put them back on ?
Do the sliders make it difficult to work around ?

Just curious once you get them mounted how easy it is to take fairings off and put them back on ?
Do the sliders make it difficult to work around ?

It's just as simple as unscrewing the allen bolt going thru the slider to remove the slider completely.

I never really thought much of it until I read this thread. It looks like my left-side slider is pretty close to the fairing as well. I don't think it's rubbing too much, but I think I'm gonna give 'em a call as well.

Kromdom/Blanca - Good lookin' out on the suggestion to turn 'em black. That paint works great. :thumbsup:

SAM_0989.jpg

I see so you unscrew screw and slider comes off then you can take fairing off without interference ? No stud or anything left sticking out ?

I see so you unscrew screw and slider comes off then you can take fairing off without interference ? No stud or anything left sticking out ?

You got it. It's an 8mm allen. Took me less than a minute to get it off. Here it is off and the mount it screws into.

SAM_0990.jpg

III excellent and thank you .

No problem. Not trying to jinx anyone who may be on the fence, but the way I see it, you gotta have something, because the second it rocks off the kickstand on its own or you slip on sand/oil/whatever duck walking or something...no words can describe that feeling and thank god they saved me from that experience. The price was right and the installation is simple.

I actually leave mine ON (even when I still had the original stem). III, I had bought sliders for my Gen I but procrastinated installing it. Sure enough, tipped it over in the driveway and how I wished I had the sliders on

Last edited:
Back