Suzuki Warranty

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
Suzuki warranty just triin to get an idea what it is worth , so lets get a list of covered and denied and reason for denial.

suzuki denied my transmision / rider error,abuse

A wheel bearing on my rear wheel was making a clicking noise. Only had 8 miles on it. I took it in and they fixed it in a couple of hours and apologized for my trouble.
thumb_up.gif

As a former motorcycle dealer employee I can tell you through experience that your warranty is only as good as your dealership. If your dealership sucks. Your warranty sucks. Manufacturers tend to listen to what the technician on the other end of the phone tells them.
If your dealership is a turn and burn f-the customer place. Than yeah, your f-ed. If they wanb you as a customer they will fight for you. Most succesful place are the latter. Most mom & pops are the former.
Sometimes calling Suzuki directly helps. I repeat - sometimes.

My fork seals went on my 06, a month and a half past warranty and they fixed then for free

EVERY TIME I hear of someone having trouble with thier tranny they say "RIDER ERROR". One day I was at my local dealer, and asked them about why the Busa's are always having trouble with the tranny, (false nuetrals, and kicking out of gear) and the guy said "that's the first time I ever heard of that". I told him that I go to a Busa forum, and have heard ALOT of people having this problem. He then says, "yeah they're clutchless shifting, what do you expect" ? I told him that I never clutchless shift (and at the time I didn't) he then tells me "it's because my timing is off, rider error".

One time there was a guy in there with a bike (07 Busa) that only had 500 miles on it, and the fork seals were leaking, and they told him "the only reason that would happen this soon is if you were doing wheelies, and the waranty will not cover that" !! The guy kinda laughed until he saw they were serious.
argue.gif

I've owned 4 Suzukies over the past 10 years. I've only had 1 problem, which was a leaking case gasket. They fixed it under warranty.

My forks leaked as well. it was 11 months into warranty when I noticed it. Did not get reported to after 12 months cause it was dead a%% winter here at the time. My dealer took care of it. Took a couple of weeks for him to get back to me but he did cover it. I was impressed. I have been back for other work since cause of that. Plus umm insurance work when i did a superman impression down at the gap last year. they did a great job. I have heard that zuk doesnt like covering warranty stuff. they try to deny as much as possible for some reason. just what i have heard from mechanics at shops.

Back