Surgery repair w/ issues

cdhoroho

Registered
Anyone have any surgery repairs (knees and such) have issues after the surgery needing to be repaired again?

I had knee surgery last week and went in yesterday for the follow up and it seems the screws pulled out from the surgery (Dr. said he thinks the quad stretch the pt had me doing pulled it free??)
Lets just say its very painful and im scheduled for repair come Tuesday
This means more time off work at a very very low disability pay and missed some training I was hoping to get for the last 6 months

I have a pic of the exray but wont post unless the mods or admin say it ok
Its posted on my fb and on my site so im not worried either way

So lets hear if im the only one with these kinds of crappy issues ??

I don't see a problem with posting a pic of your xray.

Sorry your having to go through this. I have screws in my neck but I've never had any problems with them. They have been in there for 12 yrs now.

Yeah I’ve had stuff like that happen. I had screws in my foot work loose and I had staples in my stomach pop out. After my wreck I had to have my stomach opened up from stem to sternum 3 times. That led to hernias along the scar line, 3 to be specific. The biggest one was the size of the palm of your hand. Because of this I had my stomach scoped and the docs stapled some mesh screen to in inside of my stomach muscles. The staples failed so they had to open me from stem to sternum again and redo it. Hope it works out for you.

Attached it hope ok
This isnt my first surgery in life
I have an intracular lens implant in my right eye and Ti plates on my left shoulder blade this is the first where i have pulled the screws out or anything of the liking

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306629160.740508.jpg

Damn growth plate- that's one of the most painfull things to have problems with. When I was younger I had to skip out on a year of basketball cause my tendons in my knee where starting to pull them away from the bone- talk about painful

Hope ya get better though- they say second times a charm ;) hahaha well hopefully in this case

the surgery was only a week and a half ago so already broke just pulled the screws out
but yes it is VERY painful and i cant do ANYTHING right now
and im usually very active in the shop and my machine shop as well as the tool room i work at and now i cant work for another 2 weeks or more rrr (and that just light duty work till july or longer)

Broke both bones and they have to move the knee cap, drill the bone out, and insert the rod. So I basically had knee surgery. I have had some knee pain and lots of pain when I get on my knees or put pressure on it.

If the screws were put in properly, you should have not had any complications such as the screws coming out unless you pushed yourself too hard... I have just started running very small bits about 2 months ago though because I have taken it easy regardless of what the doctor has said and what my unit wants.

I have found that the #1 way to reduce my knee pain and aches I have is to make the knee/leg hurt and to push it to the most pain I can endure. The leg and knee are healed up so there is no risk of damage. My goal is to not have this knee/leg bother me at such a young age let alone when I get old...

Guess he didnt use Red locktite, huh?

Sorry, tryin to give ya a laugh during this crap. That really sucks, Ive never heard of screws coming out like that.

Paging Dr. Jet-Li, Dr. Jet-li to this thread please.:whistle:

ya he walked in the room and said you pulled the screws out
it could have been from other things but he seems to think my quad was too tight
they had me pull up on my knee cap with my quad as one of my stretches and sure enough it or something pulled em free
he says he is going to bigger screws
i dont plan on doing much if any stretches till it heals then ill push it hard to get back in shape after then break heals
i used to be an athlete so i know what it takes to stretch out muscles and tendons to get into shape

The last physical therapist I delt with was an idiot too. If the pt manual says you can bend your leg backwards a week after surgeory(or even if it doesn't), then there's no reason you can't.:laugh:
Sorry man, but idiots are everywhere and in every profession.

Back