Let the fun begin **Surgery Update**

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Well, tonight was my last night at work.  I am almost officially unemployed.  I have to goto work one more time to do all of the paper work and once that is done so is my career at Delta.  As most of you know it has been a long time coming.  We have seen 2 pay cuts, 3 benefit cuts and 4 layoffs.  This time it cut deep enough to take me out.  This should be my last week at work but I am taking advantage of the system.  
 On 12/29/04 I had an accident on the Busa which left me with a broken leg.  They fixed my leg with a rod down the center of my Tibia and three screws holding it all together.  My doctor originally wanted to remove the hardware sometime in June but with the layoff and all I asked him to move it up.  I went to him two weeks ago and told him that I was losing my job and before there was any change to my health benefits I want to see if we could get the hardware out now.  He took x-rays of my leg and all looks great.  He agreed to do the surgery ASAP.  So at 7:30am Tuesday I go under the knife one more time.  I figured now would be the best time for this.  I don't have to worry about missing work, since I no longer have a job.
laugh.gif
If I waited to have this done later I would risk the problem of the insurance company pulling the "It's a preexisting problem so we won't cover it" thing.  Not to mention the whole problem of finding a new doctor if I move, telling a new employer I have to be gone for a month while I heal (after just getting a new job).  Or worse not being able to get this don't at all.  
 If all goes well I should be walking in a few days.  Once he allows me to return to work I will be heading up to Maine and try to find a job up there.  Hopefully this will all be behind me by the end of April.  This is going to be a very long couple of weeks.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143595305 -->

I known everything will go OK with your surgery  
idea.gif
an we'll be thinking about ya !! So, what's up in Maine for a Airplane Mech. ?? Other than hunting Mooses, Carabous , Bears and such
rock.gif
? Nice place, Oceans Great, Foods Great, Winters Not Great  
down.gif

Going to Cabot Cove and see Jessica
laugh.gif

ya know there's a sizable GE plant there in NC.... near RDU.

they build the big stuff "engine wise" for a lot of commercial / miltary stuff.

my brother works there now.

it may not be THAT big of a transition from what you already do.

seems like a nice place.... If I am not mistakin, the speedster himelf John Noonan also works at the location.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143446059 -->

Wow. Best of luck, J-Dubb....I'm sure it'll all turn out alright.

Heal up quick!

Man,
I hope the surgery goes well. As for the other stuff, I remember a post you made awhile back..sounded like you had your stuff together with the job stuff coming. Good luck!

Best of luck on all of your endevors. Keep in touch with the Org.

Joe
beerchug.gif

At least there is a small silver lining in the cloud thats hanging over you right now! I know things will work out in the long run, but its the short run that can be trying... Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery!

Wishing you the best!!!! I hope things level out for you very soon...I'm sure it's been tough
sad.gif

smile.gif

Thanks everyone. I don't think I'll be around tomorrow but I will be back. Once I can walk and return to work is when I will be heading North. Until then it looks like I'll be spending a lot more time here. I have a feeling I'm going to be board out of my mind for a while.
face7.gif

Good luck and Godspeed. Remember, morpine is your friend. Well, it was mine anyway

<marquee><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>****UPDATE****</span></span></marquee>

I'm home and hardware free
jump9.gif

I got to the hospital this morning a 6:00, sat in the waiting room for 30mins, went to preop and sat there until 7:40am. We had to wait for the tooling to get there. It got stuck in traffic. The surgery lasted about 1.5 hours. It took about 3 hours for me to come around and I was back home by 1pm.
The only pain I have is just below the knee and it is pretty mild. I have yet to take any drugs and I've been home for 7 hours. My doc. told my parents that things couldn't have gone any better and that I can start putting weight on my leg in 2 days and after that I can put as much as I can tolerate. I should be off crutches within a weak or less. I am so glad that this is behind me and going so smoothly (knock on wood). I go back to the doc. on 4/10 for my follow up and to get the staples out. I'll post the results of the visit afterwords.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143595047 -->

good to hear it all went well
cool.gif
take it easy for a few days... I mean afterall you dont have to go to work
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(sorry couldnt resist) I'll be unemployeed for the weekend but was lucky enough to find a new job. Seems the market it turning around so keep your head up and find a good recruiter, that makes all the difference
cool.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

Back