I made it through surgery

dolilind

Registered
Thanks for the support everyone that has wrote me in the last few weeks/days.
I made it through good i think. Didn't get to the operation room till 4:30 yesterday, and sure when i got out. Way to much pain. The docotors ran through 6 different pain killers to find one that worked. Nothing really helped, just knocked the edge off a little. Right now im on a heavy dose of Hydrocodone, ibupropherene. Sorry bout spelling but talking is a little interesting right now also.
I really hope this works and i can put the second surgery off for a little. I still have very little feeling in my toes but the docotor says it might take a few days to get it back.
I can say im not exactly sure how people like to get all jacked up onb drugs and what not. I can say this isnt for me. Im not supposed to but i think im stopping the hyro tomorrow. Not sure how much of this walking on the moon and walls spinning i can take. I think i can deal with pain little better than this.
I did make a deal with the insurance company on payment but looks like i will still have to sell one of my Zuki's. I really just hope after the doctors appt, he tells me if i will be able to ride anything again. I know people have had worse with them, but the doctor did say i wasn't blessed with a best back in the world. After the Disk problem, next will be the cycst problem, on top of that there is arthitis in there also. Top all that off i heard a rumor that when i get back to work i will be released from my autobody painting job and put back to doing parts for 1/2 the pay im getting now. My dissability for me being off is gonna pay more than i will make back at work.
Man i tell you getting old SUCKS on i will be only 34 on the 18th of Aug.
This blows, but it should all work out in the end.

Now everything is getting back into line, i should be on more often again.

Thanks again for the support,
Darrell

Great to hear! :thumbsup:

Don't completely stop the Hydrocodone just yet. If you are taking 2 every 4 hours, take 1 every 2 to 3 hours and see if that helps keep the pain down without the high. That has worked for me pretty well, but everyone is different.

Like TruWrecks said, don,t just stop taking the pain meds all at once. You don't want all of it to kick in at once!
Posted via Mobile Device

Might want to rethink dropping the pain reliever. There are things I couldn't do very well after my off (like breathe) that pain relievers helped me literally push through. Although I still wound up reducing my dose by half and didn't renew at the end, I've paid for that in slowing my recovery.

I'm not sure how it is for you and I'm sure every circumstance is unique, especially when it comes to the recovery processes, but be sure you talk very specifically (and listen) to your doctor about your concerns. It sounds like they've been willing to work with you on making adjustments just be sure you all develop a good plan for the recovery process.

One thing nice about insurance is that you get exposure to alot of different medical services that the non insured seem to be limited from. Not sure why that is, but try to have these types of goals in mind, as I'm sure you are at least thinking about them.

Good luck, my brother, on your healing and recovery! Prayers being prayed for you and all concerned! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Get well soon, and I'm envious of all the fun you will have on Demerol and Oxy's.

Great to hear! :thumbsup:

Don't completely stop the Hydrocodone just yet. If you are taking 2 every 4 hours, take 1 every 2 to 3 hours and see if that helps keep the pain down without the high. That has worked for me pretty well, but everyone is different.

Hydrocodone is a bad pain killer (sadly there isn't really much else to replace it)
it causes mood swings and bunch of other side effects.
I know way too many people that ended up getting addicted to it after having surgery.

and yes I've used it after my surgery too and it did more harm than good I think

that stuff didnt do a thing for me.. perkaset hydrocodone... useless... i just took ibuprphine and said :devil: it

Back