surgery done!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
well i may have not told everyone but i have been down since may 21st of last year due to fall at work. they tried therapy and finnaly after all failed they did surgery on last thursday. doc found a large tear in rotator cuff that mri and every other test they did didnt find. so here i am now in alot of fun loving pain. doing excercises to stretch my right arm and get mobility and strength back to my arm doc says good chance might get 85% back. dont like those odds. need decent strenght in arm to work. but im here and hopeing in 3 months i can ride again!!!!!!!!!:please:

ahhhh wife wont let me fill her position lol

No dude I was being serious. Start learning to use that left arm and hand in case you have trouble with the right meeting your needs. Talking work man.

Get well.

Hey chrisjp, in about 12 mounth you will feel good as new. Trust me I know. I need to do the other side now. I raced Downhill bicycle for over a decade ending up in the 50+ expert (that 50+ years old) class and did my share of damage to my body. Do you have a good Phisical Terrorist? If no, Get one! It makes a world of differance.
Get Well soon
Steve

Just because the doc says 85% doesn't mean better isn't possible...
I got back 100% on one of my fingers and the doctor was stunned.
But I worked that sucker...
Good luck healing up all the way! :thumbsup:

well what are u doin this saturday brother? We should go to the Cleveland Bike Show, get your mind off things, gimme a call
Posted via Mobile Device

well i may have not told everyone but i have been down since may 21st of last year due to fall at work. they tried therapy and finnaly after all failed they did surgery on last thursday. doc found a large tear in rotator cuff that mri and every other test they did didnt find. so here i am now in alot of fun loving pain. doing excercises to stretch my right arm and get mobility and strength back to my arm doc says good chance might get 85% back. dont like those odds. need decent strenght in arm to work. but im here and hopeing in 3 months i can ride again!!!!!!!!!:please:

Now's a good time to go under the knife. Heal up quick though, it'll be time to ride soon

I feel your pain bro! I just had surgery on my left wrist to re-attach the TFC that I ripped off of my arm. DO the physical therapy and TAKE YOUR TIME to heal. It could make or break your shoulder. Get well soon!

surgery pics 008.jpg

I got the same story about 8 years ago... I might only be at 85% but I could not tell you, feels normal to me... took about a year to feel 100% again was all... Stick with what they tell you in PT... I over did it and it set me back months... (hard to just sit there ya know..)

sounds like you and my husband (DocDrop) are probably in about the same condition right now... you could share recovery stories... after all he is just sitting at the house all day. :laugh:

Back