Had Surgery

badassbusa03

I have a busa and might start modding it
Donating Member
Registered
well after battling the pain of this herniated disc, my doctor told me i had 2 options..........

1) get a 3rd steroid shot and live with the pain awhile longer,

2)or have surgery.

well as the topic states, i opted for surgery. i woke up in the recovery room,and was pain free, except where they sliced my back open. i am pleased with the results so far. my dr said that the herniation was bigger than what he was seeing in the MRI. my incision is only about an inch or so long. they told me to take it easy for a few weeks, and start walking every day, working my way up to 1-2 miles, 2-3 times a day.

I would like to say thank you to all that have kept me in your prayers for the past few months, and ask that you continue to keep my wife in your prayers (see prayer lists post).

May god bless each and every one of you!

beerchug.gif

it's good to hear that things are coming around
beerchug.gif

Glad to see you are doing good. What area of your back did you have worked on, if you don't mind me asking. I had some surgery myself on my neck for the same problem. looks like i will have to do it again soon. Not a fun thing. I do understand the pain aspect... I wonder. Was there any specific thing that caused your disc to become herniated?

And be easy on that recovery. good luck

Hope you're going to be okay. That kind of thing is very scary to thinka bout but they have a lot of new technology now which makes it much safer and more effective.

Have a care!

--Wag--

(jch364 @ Jan. 14 2007,06:58) Glad to see you are doing good. What area of your back did you have worked on, if you don't mind me asking. I had some surgery myself on my neck for the same problem. looks like i will have to do it again soon.  Not a fun thing. I do understand the pain aspect... I wonder. Was there any specific thing that caused your disc to become herniated?

I feel your pain dude. I had surgery on my neck back in 1999. C- 5, 6 &7 are fused together. Some days I really hurt and some a good. Sorry to hear you have to have another surgery, that would really suck to have to go through it again. Best of luck to ya

(jch364 @ Jan. 14 2007,09:58) Glad to see you are doing good. What area of your back did you have worked on, if you don't mind me asking. I had some surgery myself on my neck for the same problem. looks like i will have to do it again soon.  Not a fun thing. I do understand the pain aspect... I wonder. Was there any specific thing that caused your disc to become herniated?

my herniation was between L5 & S1. as previously stated, the herniation was larger than originally thought. the recovery instructions that i have, say to start walking asap, and to do 1-2 miles 2-3 times a day. im not walking quite that much right now, but am working my way to that.

back in 2001, my wife had to have her C5 & C6 fused together. she has not had any more problems with that disc, but now has a buldging disc at C6 & C7. the dr's said that her buldge is not bad enough to do anything with right now.

JCH, sorry to hear that you might have to undergo surgery again for the same thing. i hope that all goes well for you.

thanks to all for the comments. hopefully in about a month or so (have not consulted the dr about riding the bike or 4 wheeler) i will be riding (both) again.

Hey man, Glad to hear you decided to get that fixed. I guess no riding for awhile huh? I know it sucks now but i'm sure it will make this spring and summer riding alot better.

Pun.

Back