How many of you guys have had shoulder surgery?

Well guys, sounds like I'm gonna make it! The doc says everything was textbook and I'm actually feeling pretty good today. Can't really type on the computer yet, maybe tomorrow. Just thought I'd give an update from my phone. Thanks for all the good wishes, I'll give you more details tomorrow.
Steve

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

You are gonna be glad you did this. Be careful, a fall right now would not be good....

I'm doing pretty good actually! I have a TON of range of motion in my arm, so that is a blessing. I had a sling on for the day of the surgery, then the next day, off it came. I have some stretching exercises that I do about 4 times a day that seem to have helped with movement, and pain. I'm really not on much as far as pain meds (just some 12 hour Oxycontin that doesn't do much for me) but they gave me Percocet and that stuff ROCKS MY WORLD! Love it! Saving that for a rainy day... :D All in all, I think this was a good thing to do, and next Wed is my first doc appt with the surgeon and the physical therapist, so they will tell me how much therapy I need to go through. At this rate as far as how much better I feel every day, I'm assuming my therapy will be minimal.
Thanks again for all the warm thoughts, and I can't wait until Spring gets here so I can ride again (this time WITHOUT shoulder pain:) Heck, I'd settle for a little less pain just so I can drive my car again, this Ford Ranger makes me feel old...
Thanks guys, I'll keep you updated though!
Steve

The pain you feel now is not the pain you've been feeling, and this pain will go away. Congrats. P.S. Yes the Percocet will rock your world and it's good to hold onto - however remember it WILL hit on a drug test for opiates...

Back