Carpal Tunnel Surgery Part 2

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
OK, its been a week and a half since the surgery. I dont things could be better! I'm very excited about riding the bike now without my hands goind numb. Also get to play the drums and guitar without fighting the numbness. My hand has been in a soft type cast for since last Monday. I was on pain medication for 2 or 3 days at the most, the pain was never that bad, just uncomfortable. I noticed inprovement right away, no numbness. Today the cast came off as well as the stitches. There was about a 1 1/2 inch incision where the doctor did his magic. On Monday I am free to go back to work with no heavy lifting. Here is a pic of the incision for all you pic hounds! I know my experience is limited right now, but the procedure has been and will be worth the time a thousand times over. If you are having problems with carpal tunnel or numbness, dont let this surgury scare you. Get it treated! Just typing this two weeks ago I would have had to stop for numbness a few times. Not this time! Ill let you know how it goes when I get back on the bike, that will be the true test!

P1010011__Medium_.JPG

'Tis but a scratch
smile.gif

Glad to hear you're doing well with the recovery!!!
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ Feb. 14 2007,14:43) 'Tis but a scratch  
smile.gif
True. I was intimidated by the word "surgery". I have a pretty boring health history, never even had an IV till last monday! I would hate to have someone else put this off as long as I did because of the surgery.

cool.gif
....I had it years ago in my wrist . After a job change and anti-inflammation drugs , it got better. Keep us updated, once you're back on the bike !
beerchug.gif

Chris - glad to see you'll be in good shape to sit around the fire and make fun of people in leather pants.

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 14 2007,14:55) Chris - glad to see you'll be in good shape to sit around the fire and make fun of people in leather pants.
Hey, Doyle quit smoking and he actuallly LOST weight! He may be able to get back in those pants........without help even!

(GSXTacy @ Feb. 14 2007,15:50)
smile.gif
True. I was intimidated by the word "surgery". I have a pretty boring health history, never even had an IV till last monday! I would hate to have someone else put this off as long as I did because of the surgery.
You actually got off pretty good from what my best friend had for scars...I think she had a nerve "relocated" along the underside of her arm...scar is several inches long, but results were great...

smile.gif

smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Feb. 14 2007,15:01)
(GSXTacy @ Feb. 14 2007,15:50)
smile.gif
You actually got off pretty good from what my best friend had for scars...I think she had a nerve "relocated" along the underside of her arm...scar is several inches long, but results were great...

smile.gif
I believe the procedure has changed in the last few years. They used to go through your wrist. Now they just go throught the heel of your had and use cameras to take care of business. The healing time is 10/14 days compared to 6 or 8 weeks, and a lot less scaring.

smile.gif

Glad you're doing better, Chris!

...now you all set for your trip to IA City?
tounge.gif

(omslaw @ Feb. 14 2007,16:11) Glad you're doing better, Chris!

...now you all set for your trip to IA City?  
tounge.gif
Hell, yeah. I'm still making her tie the bike down, she has to learn some time!
jump9.gif

glad to hear that the procedure worked and you are doing good
beerchug.gif

CHICKS DIG 2 THINGS.......... MOTORCYCLES AND SCARS!!!!!
LOOKS LIKE UR ALL SET TO ROLL. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHORT RECOVERY AND LOOK FORWARD TO RIDING WITH YA AT THE BASH!!!
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 14 2007,14:55) Chris - glad to see you'll be in good shape to sit around the fire and make fun of people in leather pants.
Hey watch it mister..
pissed.gif

(GSXTacy @ Feb. 14 2007,14:58)
Hey, Doyle quit smoking and he actuallly LOST weight! He may be able to get back in those pants........without help even!
Thats right..
wink.gif

Back