Carpal Tunnel Surgery #3

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, some of you have been following the threads about my carpal tunnel surery on Feb 5th. For those of you who havent, here are the links

and

After getting some riding time in, all I can say is if you suffer from carpal tunnel...RUN... dont walk to your orthopedic surgeon that does this surgery. The results are more than I could have ever hoped for. I can feel the throttle and the brake, what heaven! It was well worth the very small amount of pain and the small amount of time away from work to get it done. I should have done it a few years ago. I cant wait to ride the dragon. If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, PM me. Here is a shot of my hand the day the cast and stitches were removed, and another today. You can barely see a scar.

P1010011__Medium_.JPG

Thats great! Dngrumpy's doctor say's his isnt bad enough yet!

(GIXERHP @ Mar. 23 2007,01:15) Thats great! Dngrumpy's doctor say's his isnt bad enough yet!
So did mine, I tried a month of splinting it at night and some stretches. I finally told him I wasnt getting the results I wanted, and the surgery had to be done before riding season and the bash. He got the hint! LOL The bottom line is, its not going to get any better if you dont change whatever is causing the problem. For me, it was my hobbies, not my job. Those were not going to change and that was the bottom line.

Glad to hear, Chris! Can't wait to tear up the Dragon with ya!

Great news! As I said, mine went off w/o a hitch too and I couldn't be happier. BTW, my 'surgery' was in 1999 and still no tingling or loss of feeling or strength.

(CBXRider @ Mar. 23 2007,15:26) Great news!  As I said, mine went off w/o a hitch too and I couldn't be happier.  BTW, my 'surgery' was in 1999 and still no tingling or loss of feeling or strength.
Did they do it the same way as mine, or did they go through the wrist? Thanks for the heads up.

From the looks of your hand it looks like they did mine the same way. I have a Y shaped scar about 3/4" long on both hands just above the wrist.

glad to hear this all worked out for you
beerchug.gif
that healed up really clean

Update. After more that 3 years, everything is perfect! Never had another issue with numbness or pain. If your having issues, go se a doc!! Best mod I ever did! :bowdown:

Back