Feb 5th is the day

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Ive been fighting this carpal tunnel for years and it has really put a hamper on the things I really enjoy. Obviously my hand (Throttle/brake) going totally numb while riding the dragon last year prompted me to quit dragging my feet. I love to play drums and guitar, but am limited on how much or well I play because of the numbness. Well now that the busa is in the house for the winter I have decided to do something about it. This will be my first surgery ever so I'm kind of nervous but as looking forward to the results. Has anyone had any experience with the surgery? I was just curious what the results were. A friend of mine at work had it about a year ago, hers C/T was severe enough to wake her up at night in terrible pain. Mine has never done that, its more annoying that anything. Since the surgery, she hasnt had any pain or numbness whatsoever and is highly recomending that I have it done. So Feb. 5th is the day for me. Any thoughts?

yeah i have had a few freinds go through it man it is easier than you can imagine. Just prep for the worse living will all that good stuff. No you wont die but it is good to have it done anyway

if i was in the same postion as you, i would do the same thing. if surgery will fix it then i would do it.

My best friend had that surgery about 2 years ago...she does a ton of CAD work, mapping, house plans and the like. It was keeping her awake at night, killing her during the day...she'd tried every kind of PT and remedy she could find...

The surgery was a success and her recovery wasn't bad at all...she was back to work in a couple of days, using her left hand over her right for a while...I recall the cast was the biggest pain in the butt, but everything else went well...

I wish you the best of luck! It is scary to go in for any surgery, but I've found I'm particularly fond of the drugs...hey, gotta find the fun in everything, right?
tounge.gif
smile.gif

I had both wrists done a few years back and couldn't be happier. Did you have a nerve conduction test? That hurt worse than the surgery! I had a local anesthetic so I could watch. Was very strange watching them cut into my wrist without a drop of blood. kinda like a cadaver's hand. Good results though. No more numbness!!!!!

I'm with VA on this one, enjoy the drugs.. especially if they knock you out.. that's the best feeling ever.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Let us know how it goes.

(CBXRider @ Jan. 24 2007,13:28) I had both wrists done a few years back and couldn't be happier.  Did you have a nerve conduction test?  That hurt worse than the surgery!  I had a local anesthetic so I could watch.  Was very strange watching them cut into my wrist without a drop of blood.  kinda like a cadaver's hand.  Good results though.  No more numbness!!!!!
Yes I had the EMG test, that wasnt to bad. They said they would not be putting me out, but I dont have much desire to watch the procedure! LOL Its good to hear about your good results, I havnt heard any bad ones yet, everyone seems to be very happy. Luckily its only my right wrist though.

well lay off the lotion haha

but yeah man it is a no brainer asnymore it is sometimes better to do booth then just 1 at a time

best of luck to you GSXTacy, but you've got the right frame of mind yeah surgery does suck, but if it will fix it, go ahead and knock it out.
Tony

(mrninja9 @ Jan. 24 2007,13:41) well  lay off the lotion haha  

but yeah man it is  a no brainer asnymore it is sometimes better to do booth then just 1 at a time
I have zero problems with my left wrist. I aint messin' with that one!

Just make sure they have on clothes under their gowns before they put you asleep.

Oh....and good luck I am sure it will be ok.

(CBXRider @ Jan. 24 2007,13:28) I had both wrists done a few years back and couldn't be happier.  Did you have a nerve conduction test?  That hurt worse than the surgery!  I had a local anesthetic so I could watch.  Was very strange watching them cut into my wrist without a drop of blood.  kinda like a cadaver's hand.  Good results though.  No more numbness!!!!!
I hated the nerve conduction test. I was sweating like crazy by the end, but my problem ended up being in my neck. I don't think I would want to want the surgery, though  
wow.gif
. From what I've heard, you're doing the right thing, Chris. All success stories
smile.gif

Back