SUPERCHARGER

pcosho

Registered
Rotrex supercharger for a busa? It is supposed to crank out 255 HP with 10 lbs of boost. There is a pic of one(blk 07)for sale on ebay.
dunno.gif

Here is a pic of it.

Attachments

• Motorcycles___2007_Suzuki_Hayabusa_SUPERCHARGED_Turbo_GSXR_W0QQitemZ250264618873QQddnZMotorcyclesQQd
    93.6 KB · Views: 270
yah. id get that its probbably expensive as hell tho for the kit. Would be better then a turbo wouldnt have to buid boost.

Sportrider mag did a write-up on a ZRX1200 with a blower like that on it, so it's very possible to have one on a Busa too.
As always, see it in person before you put up any money.

I've looked at Supercharging, but with all the added mechanics and belts, a Turbo seems easier and more Reliable
sadnews.gif
 ! If that's Possible  
whistling.gif
which it is probably NOT  
sad.gif

Ive been thinking bout supercharging my bike for a while now. I dont like the turbo thing. Takes too long for boost. Theres a few places that sell superchargers for like 2k for the kit. You dont have to change the exhaust header. All you need to is install a pully bracket charger and plenum. Add a oil line and youre goot 2 go.

I've looked at Supercharging, but with all the added mechanics and belts, a Turbo seems easier and more Reliable
sadnews.gif
! If that's Possible
whistling.gif
which it is probably NOT
sad.gif
not to mention the efficiency difference, to date, no belt driven anything has had the same benefit pound for pound of boost.. The one (1) advantage of belt driven however is the power in the "hit" , after that, all down hill...

They sure look cool however
smile.gif

video 2 a 1/4 racetrack on a curved road? now thats different...
laugh.gif

superchargers require power to make power
where the turbo is natural powered from the exhaust making it the better choice in making power.
even said, its a nice option.

Ive been thinking bout supercharging my bike for a while now. I dont like the turbo thing. Takes too long for boost. Theres a few places that sell superchargers for like 2k for the kit. You dont have to change the exhaust header. All you need to is install a pully bracket charger and plenum. Add a oil line and youre goot 2 go.
What? Have you ridden a turbo bike? My boost starts coming in at 4500rpms. It's all how you ride'em.

One of the key reasons for my wanting a Haybausa is the abundance of quality turbo kits averaging 240whp. While both boosting systems require power to make power (no such thing as a free ride) the turbo requires far less and actually builds exponentially as boost increases. Turbos do create a restriction in the exhaust and that is where they exact their payment in terms of backpressure, however after that, it gives so much more in return, that no one really cares. Turbo lag is quickly becoming a thing of the past, especially when savy riders can do the research and find the right turbine and compressor size to fit their needs, or mix and match as they see fit, not to mention the advent of ball bearing turbos.

Good idea but how you gonna turn right?? Looks like a good way to lose about 5 grand in a hard right turn to me.

What? Have you ridden a turbo bike? My boost starts coming in at 4500rpms. It's all how you ride'em.
But, but i like the look of the 2 wheels that stick out the fairing. I was reading that planetary drive superchargers maintain boost all the way to redline or whatever you set it at. I would like to see a vid of a supercharged bus vs a turbo bus.

Back