The start of something big!

ROTREXPOWER

Donating Member
Registered
I've decided to build a 08 street/dragbike with Rotrex supercharger. I run an early busa with a Rotrex C38 and we make 462bhp. I've run 8.04/186 about 3 years ago, but its time for a new project. I don't want it to be an all out Superstreet. I want to use it on the road and do top speed events to. I want to keep it as totally stock looking as possible. Say arm extensions, lowering links and a front strap. Set up the Ecu with the ECU editor with maps for pump gas an race gas/methanol inj. I can move the servo for the secondary throttle valves to a throttle valve in front of the supercharger as a variable boost control, really neat idea if I say so my self :). I've a new idea for the plenum which will do away with silicon hoses and clamps. Lot's of new idea's, will keep you informed as I progress.
First thing is to get a base line power run. I will post pictures later today.
Really Excited!

1st Gen without a turbo for a change :)
Just dyno'd my baby for a base and experiment with ignition timing. I pulled back the ignition 5 degree's and the power curve didn't change, took 16 deg to loose 15 bhp at max revs. (was 34 deg pulled it back to 18)
I also played with fueling and picked up 15 bhp. My fans blow quite well into the intakes but it was still pretty rich, more than I usually see and th epower was down, so I leaned it out and the power kept coming up and up.
I video'd std and leaner maps on the dyno. 164 std 179 after a bit of tuning, didn't spend to much time on it, I can get carried away :)
Will be back on it on Wednesday to start work on it, I think I will be maxxed out on Christmas by then :)
Vid's here.
- 08 hayabusa base run stock bike[/url]
- 08 Hayabusa ecueditor remap[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got stuck in today. I needed to know what headaches I have caused by trying to fit the C38-91 (biggest Rotrex blower) onto a street bike. First the blower stops you fitting the stock oil cooler even with mods. If I put the blower outlet in the same place as Kojaks it went straight up the centreline of the radiater, so i've turned it round and you can see my idea's from the photo's. I think for the inlet to the blower i'll run a 3 inch pipe right behind a custom set of headers to the left side. With no oil cooler in the way the headers can come forward enough to drop infront of the inlet pipe. Regarding the headers, I'm thinking a modified Akrapovic could be the easiest solution, they have the headers slot into the midpipes which would make fabrication easier. Better order one up :)

DSC01720.JPG

DSC01722.JPG

DSC01725.JPG

DSC01726.JPG

DSC01727.JPG

DSC01729.JPG

DSC01730.JPG

DSC01731.JPG

DSC01732.JPG

:beerchug: this is what i was hoping to see in this section! looking forward to how this is going to turn out!!

Akrapovic turns up tomorrow, 4/2/1 no stock of 4/2/2 in the country which I wanted to keep the noise down. plus's are it ways 5 kg less and cost £500 less. Going to get stuck in on Saturday.

This big charger is causing a few headaches but we can get there, couple of days more work and the prototype inlet will be made. Then we will draw it up on CAD and CNC a form tool the same shape (but better, more rounded edges, sweeter curves) then we can make the whole intake pipe out of two halves and seam weld it. The pipes the Akrapovic 4/2/1 we have not had to touch 1 and 2 headers, 3 needs a little work and 4 needs a total rework but it will all clear the radiator and I have a neat solution for the oil cooler.

DSC01789.JPG

DSC01790.JPG

At least the air from the front will hit staight on it, there will be no oil cooler in the way. That's got to help quite a bit.

Back