Prostreet supercharger build 2, 500 bhp start

Just welded in a big mother blow off valve into our CNC'd plenum. Next time we will machine in a boss to clamp one on. Even so this looks like it will do the job.

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04954.JPG

DSC04955.JPG

When done let's ship it over to the east coast for some MIROCK Races and see how it holds up..

Wow can't wait until you take ot out on the road. That thing should pull like no other. Nice fat flat torque curve should be tons of fun. How much is the kit? :D I was thinking Turbo but this is making me rethink

Horsepower Rotrex Supercharged Hayabusa - YouTube[/url]

This was a stock engine with a 50 thou spacer under the barrel and stronger clutch springs. I ran 8.61/170 with a 1.57 60' like that. Here's one of the runs 9.0 with a bad start. Although it made great power and stayed together, the thought of it going bang by pushing the stock parts concerned me so I've rebuilt the motor with crank, rods and pistons now.

Rotrex Supercharged street bike dragrace - YouTube[/url]

the bike wasn't slammed but I had weight on the front. With a proper chassis it will run 7's. I ran 8.04/186 3 yrs ago with a 1.43 60'. I don't get the time to run often or prep for a proper drag strip. My idea this year is to work towards a full setup for a proper drag strip. The bike won't have a cut head stock or seat rails or tank yet. First meet is Sat 24th March. Lets hope the weather holds.

Last edited by a moderator:
They drive like the stock bike, instant throttle response at any revs, no lag, linear power increase your granny could ride one:laugh:

Still got some work to do but I fired here up tonight did a little video but the battery went flat before I could upload to Youtube, she soulds sharp especialyy with the open pipe. Will post pic's and vid in the next day or so.

Disaster today. I was told that gen 2 barrels were weak ans so they are. I did one part pull on the dyno, saw I was running weak so shut off, metered some more fuel in and started another pull and she nosed over and died. No compression, so I bore scoped it and this is what I found. I was 60 bhp up at 7000rpm over last years bike so she will go well but it looks like I need to drop back from the 83mm bore to 81 and perhaps use gen 1 barrels. More work for the working man :(

DSC05036.JPG

DSC05037.JPG

DSC05038.JPG

I think a Gen 1 bore with the 83mm would be fine
and yes gen 2 are weak and prone to crack, have seen a few different examples of failures

there must be a material change as the thickness is the same. perhaps Suzuki have pulled weight out of it by having less dense material. I have run 84mm gen 1 fi before with no problem.

I've got the motor back together with a Gen 1 barrel at 2mm over. I started her up today. I have a week to get it finished for a sprint I entered on the 19th. I will be up on the dyno bedding it in tomorrow. I hope she holds together this time. I've changed the up pipe from a 2 inch to 2.5 and going up under the head stock instead of through the frame. It makes for a much straighter run and is less restrictive. Will post the dyno run up in a day or so.

Back