I have got a charger and will be working on it this winter
Here is the charger
Its a Vortech V2 s trim
I will post some pics as i get to building it
I have a turbo setup as a power plant
I will also be running an w/a intercooler setup on it

uploadfromtaptalk1322340499042.jpg

can an admin swap the 2 pics? possibly?

and Paul my budget is very very little but I can't go into huge details except I am building 99% of this setup myself
and I will have some I can't post until 100% complete
there are a few close friends know what I am talking about

Best of luck with it. Will be interested in why you didn't go with the Rotrex unit. Not much on reinventing the wheel. Look forward to the build. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

ROTREX SUPERCHARGED HAYABUSA DYNO PULL - YouTube[/url] 461whp 228ft.lb on that run and I didn't realise the throttle bodies had lifted. I'm testing tomorrow. I hope to see 500whp. In the right chassis what time would that be good for? The Rotrex C38-91 flows 1200cfm a little more than the V2.
I really look forward to seeing your project perform. I hope I can find the time to prep my bike to the same standard it will be a great comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROTREX SUPERCHARGED HAYABUSA DYNO PULL - YouTube[/url] 461whp 228ft.lb on that run and I didn't realise the throttle bodies had lifted. I'm testing tomorrow. I hope to see 500whp. In the right chassis what time would that be good for? The Rotrex C38-91 flows 1200cfm a little more than the V2.
I really look forward to seeing your project perform. I hope I can find the time to prep my bike to the same standard it will be a great comparison.

At 1000 cfm youd be close to 750 hp
And rotrex site didnt list the cfm but a lower hp rating
When the build is done a lot will be explained
Plus only payed 250 for the v2 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that theoretical 750 horsepower is at the crank and also it takes power to drive the supercharger so the wheel hp will be significantly less. I've just done a pull on my bike with the throttle bodies re fitted as they lifted on the last figures I got so I was losing boost and i'm on my way to 500 bhp but the fueling was leaning out so I shut down 1000 revs shy and saw 470 with it leaning out and nosing over. I've done enough now with the stock motor and chassis so its time for a total winter rebuild. It will be good for you and I to have side by side builds over the winter. Good luck with your project.

with my calculations with belt efficiencies and power loss on the charger 750 hp would drop to about 600 hp but I think I can get some of that efficiencies back to maybe 650 hp ??
I also am not worried on fueling and I will have an water to air setup to help on the power
remember I come from a turbo setup and the turbos flow way less
It would be nice to chat sometime though
the chassis on my setup was 75% complete (pulled apart to shortneck the frame)

by the way a vortech V2 actually flows 1100-1150 cfm

also at a lower pressure and 3.1" inducer Diameter

Back