Stuttering in 3rd gear, GiPro stuttering also??

first vr4

Registered
So I have a problem. Today, while on a nice ride, my bike began to stutter only in third. As it's stuttering I notice that the GiPro is also showing 4th,6th and 0 gear (just displaying different gears!! It will only do this while in third gear. It feels like there is a change in fuel delivery or timing maybe.
Anyone??
Thanks,
Shawn

first i've heard of this problem... bet it goes away if you unplug your GiPro... might want to give them a call or email and tell them your problem. They will probably send you a new one.

Doesn't the GIPRO compares the speedo to the tach to determine the gear? If so, wouldn't the motor stumbling result in lower RPM for the speed, confusing the GIPRO. I don't know anything that would be specific to 3rd grear that would cause the bike to stumble.

I thought it got its signal from the gear position sensor. The GiPro does have a learn feature if it doesnt work right out of the box so i assumed it took the different voltages from the GPS to give you a different gear reading.

Tomorrow I'm going to disable the unit and see if that makes a difference. I'll post back with results.
Thanks guys,
Shawn

Back