Problem with GiPro

first vr4

Registered
O.K. I posted a thread awhile back conerning a problem. After having my clutch replaced, my bike began to stutter only in third. As it's stuttering I notice that the GiPro is also showing 4th,6th and 0 gear (just displaying different gears!! It will only do this while in third gear. It feels like there is a change in fuel delivery or timing maybe.
Does the GiPro get it's signal from the gear position sensor (located under the clutch cover)?
Anyone??
Thanks,
Shawn

Did that and same problem. Here's what the tech e-mailed me:
Yes, the GIpro receives the signal from the GP sensor.
Sounds like the GP signal is not stable in 3rd gear.

First, disable ATRE mode (select mode "-").
I'd expect the unit will still show 3rd gear incorrectly.

If you wish, I can send instructions how to test the GP sensor.

u can either do a full disconnect of the gi pro meaning dc the neg and unplug the white plug.
wait for abt 5-10 min then plug in and reset it. refer to the manual it will tell u how to set it.

then see how. if it work great.
else u may have to "extend" the gps sensor spring. and if that does not work.. think a new gps is needed.

I got rid of my GIPro.

Mine had some kind of electrical problem and melted on the top, it also started to melt my windscreen.

for this reason I disconnected it. After I disconnected it I discoverd my bike ran much smoother and didnt jerk in lower gears.

I wouldnt mind having a gear indicator but would like to get one that did just the gear indicator and didnt screw mapping, timing or anything else.

Had a GiPro on my bike for at least a year or more with no problems what so ever...

I had probs with a Gipro on one of my bikes too. It wasn't reading gears properly and turning off/on randomly. I sent it back
dunno.gif

Back