Stupidest thing I have seen in a while...

I saw this guy weaving thru traffic the other day on a gixxer 600 with his feet on the back pegs. He was laying on the tank with his legs behind him. I doubt he could've reacted to a panic situation.
Yup... I've seen that a couple times around here as well... Out on the Interstate it can kinda make sense, you know to stretch a bit, but hell I saw a guy on the Courtney cambell doing it... I guess they think it's Cool...

By the way, on another note... I learned the other day NOT to take a foot off of the peg to signal shid in the road when yer clockin' 150+...
eek2.gif
I'd never done it at those speeds before. Don't know why I done it that time. I knew better... Just done it without thinkin'. I've led on rides so much lately that it just became a habit to do it I guess... Guess I need to harness the 10 and sweep more often.
biggrin.gif
Did your heel hit you in the back of the head?
Lol...
laugh.gif
Not quite but I like to have never got my damned foot back up to the peg!
biggrin.gif
What really sucked was after all that, my bud wasn't even close enough on his 6RR to see the damned warning!
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif
I don't know about the Kaw's but my Busa has a little button in front of my left thumb that makes alight go on and off to tell others of my intention to change my current lane position. If I push it right the right side lights blink. Pushing it Left makes the left ones blink. How do you get your toes to blink thru your riding boots? On a serious note...Cage dwellers have no idea that pointing your foot or sticking your leg out means your gonna change lanes. They are saying...see he's got a cramp. Stupid Motorcycle riders. Why don't they just buy cars!
I use turn signals to let riders behind me know I'm changing from the right side of the lane to the left. Just easier and you don't have to worry about stubbing your toe or getting off balance. My .02 ride safe

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I don't know about the Kaw's but my Busa has a little button in front of my left thumb that makes alight go on and off to tell others of my intention to change my current lane position. If I push it right the right side lights blink. Pushing it Left makes the left ones blink. How do you get your toes to blink thru your riding boots? On a serious note...Cage dwellers have no idea that pointing your foot or sticking your leg out means your gonna change lanes. They are saying...see he's got a cramp. Stupid Motorcycle riders. Why don't they just buy cars!
 I use turn signals to let riders behind me know I'm changing from the right side of the lane to the left. Just easier and you don't have to worry about stubbing your toe or getting off balance. My .02 ride safe
I think he was trying to indicate debris on the road, not a lane change. But you raise a valid point, if others don't understand your signal, it's a waste of time.

It's like winking in the dark, you know you're doing it, but nobody else does.
smile.gif

I think he was trying to indicate debris on the road, not a lane change. But you raise a valid point, if others don't understand your signal, it's a waste of time.
That's what I was going to say, but not that well. Been a rough day over here so far.

Been a rough day over here so far[/QUOTE]

BigBSBusa; You take care over there Brother. Try not to let that crap wear you down. I lost too many EOD Brothers over there, and it sucks I know all too well. Take care and get home safe.

By the way, on another note... I learned the other day NOT to take a foot off of the peg to signal shid in the road when yer clockin' 150+...
eek2.gif
I'd never done it at those speeds before. Don't know why I done it that time. I knew better... Just done it without thinkin'. I've led on rides so much lately that it just became a habit to do it I guess... Guess I need to harness the 10 and sweep more often.
biggrin.gif
Did your heel hit you in the back of the head?
Lol...
laugh.gif
Not quite but I like to have never got my damned foot back up to the peg!
biggrin.gif
What really sucked was after all that, my bud wasn't even close enough on his 6RR to see the damned warning!
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif
What does that have to do with signaling debris in the roadway to a following rider?
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ummm.. Its just my opinion but if the farking idiot(s) on the bike(s)
behind me aren't paying enough attention to the road to spot debris,
I don't want to ride with them. Only hand signals one needs are the ones to to warn of cops. Or in my case to let people know my fuel tank
is empty  
biggrin.gif

As far as the feet skimming "stunt" sure seems a lot saner, smarter &
safer than wheelies, screen sitting or seat standing. I guess those
against skimming are also against the "wave".

pirate.gif
  Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1180"|1104513184 -->

I do that on longer trips at times just to change riding positions.. #### em if they can't take a joke ya know.

Stupidest thing I saw was going down 75..the guy was on a sport bike, had his feet up on the handle bars, and was kicked back in his seat like he was cruisin his Lazyboy.
wow.gif

I gotta say I do the same thing cuz after an hour on the busa having my feet on the pegs it kinda cuts the circulation off and I really aint stopping just to take a stretch. Come on man if thats the least this guy was doing lets not be so hasty to get rude about it......there are a lot worse things he could be doing on his bike right?

Stupidest thing I saw was going down 75..the guy was on a sport bike, had his feet up on the handle bars, and was kicked back in his seat like he was cruisin his Lazyboy.
wow.gif
I took a ride to Pine Mountain one time and started gettin' sick whlie I was there. I felt so bad on the way home that if I could have laid back like that on the busa I prolly would have.
biggrin.gif
That was the longest 40 or so miles I've ever gone on a bike. Thought I'd never make it home...
drooling3.gif
Even condsidered callin' my Dad to come get me with a trailer.

I don't want to ride with them. Only hand signals one needs are the ones to to warn of cops. Or in my case to let people know my fuel tank
is empty
biggrin.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I kinda see it that way myself Raider, but the local crew I ride with likes to use the signals, especially when newbies are along, so I use 'em most of the time... again, especially when I've got a newbie behind me. I do whatever I can to make it easier for the newer riders and keep 'em outta trouble.

is empty  
biggrin.gif

pirate.gif
  Raider out.
I kinda see it that way myself Raider, but the local crew I ride with likes to use the signals, especially when newbies are along, so I use 'em most of the time... again, especially when I've got a newbie behind me. I do whatever I can to make it easier for the newer riders and keep 'em outta trouble.
I think it's called "courtesy" (adj:Given or done as a polite gesture.)

I have a problem with the farking idiots who let me know their fuel tank is empty. I mean, if I'm going in the opposite direction on the highway, what am I supposed to do about it?

when I took the MSF course they told us to signal debris on the roadway by pointing your toe at it, didn't say anything about what speed not to do it.
rock.gif

I hate to say it but I've been known to do this as well. I only do it for a short time just to stretch my legs a little.
blush.gif

Saw a chick in hip hugger jeans and a pink thong doin' that one time... Yeah, it's dumb, but God was that sexy?!?
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif
Yo train no pics damn damn your the picture guru your killin me
Unfortunately I was ridin' at the time and couldn't quite turn loose to work the camera. Here's a pic of a cutie in a thong to get ya by though...
wink.gif
Damn Train.
Thank you.
Gotta love the thongshots!

I've done that too... mostly to stretch my legs (I do get some cramps... especially after busacceleration)
I do it at relatively low speeds though... and making sure the road is nice and clean ahead... don't want my foot to get stuck on anything...

Back