Stupidest thing I have seen in a while...

defuzer565

Registered
The other day I was driving home and saw a guy in the opposite traffic riding a Busa and he did not have his feet on the pegs but just above the ground like he was stopping, except he was going probably 40-45 mph! What the hell is that? I have never seen anybody ride a bike like that in traffic. I thought that maybe he was stretching his legs but he just kept on riding down the road. Maybe he was afraid of the bike and didn’t want to fall off like his feet were his training wheels? People never cease to amaze me.

Probably stretching his legs or just being a dumbass, who knows!
smile.gif

Perhaps he got a cramp in his leg or hip......I still get them occassionally and the best cure is to either get of the bike or stretch out those legs while riding.

Occasionally I will ride like that to blow air up into my suit to cool off a bit, but this time of year who knows what he was doing. Chris

I've seen way stupider things than that....

Also, my Dad can beat up your dad.
tounge.gif

I do that very same thing quite a lot to stretch my legs and keep circulation going. The only time footpegs are mandatory is to shift. No big deal as far as I'm concerned!

Sounds like he was needing some Highway bars... Forward controls as well maybe???
laugh.gif

I saw this guy weaving thru traffic the other day on a gixxer 600 with his feet on the back pegs. He was laying on the tank with his legs behind him. I doubt he could've reacted to a panic situation.

I have to laugh at those squids who leave their feet down for an insane amount of time when starting from a standstill. Are they afraid they'll fall over? The clutch is your friend. Use it. Get your feet on the pegs or go back to the MSF course for a refresher.

I've seen way stupider things than that....

Also, my Dad can beat up your dad. [/QUOTE]

Me too.. Your dad probably could...mine is not with me anymore.

I saw this guy weaving thru traffic the other day on a gixxer 600 with his feet on the back pegs. He was laying on the tank with his legs behind him. I doubt he could've reacted to a panic situation.
Saw a chick in hip hugger jeans and a pink thong doin' that one time... Yeah, it's dumb, but God was that sexy?!?
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif

By the way, on another note... I learned the other day NOT to take a foot off of the peg to signal shid in the road when yer clockin' 150+...
eek2.gif
I'd never done it at those speeds before. Don't know why I done it that time. I knew better... Just done it without thinkin'. I've led on rides so much lately that it just became a habit to do it I guess... Guess I need to harness the 10 and sweep more often.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104461224 -->

By the way, on another note... I learned the other day NOT to take a foot off of the peg to signal shid in the road when yer clockin' 150+...
eek2.gif
I'd never done it at those speeds before. Don't know why I done it that time. I knew better... Just done it without thinkin'. I've led on rides so much lately that it just became a habit to do it I guess... Guess I need to harness the 10 and sweep more often.
biggrin.gif
Did your heel hit you in the back of the head?

I do that very same thing quite a lot to stretch my legs and keep circulation going. The only time footpegs are mandatory is to shift. No big deal as far as I'm concerned!
Firstly, it throws off your balance. If your legs aren't stowed they hang loose, meaning that they are randomly shifting your center of gravity.

Second, if you catch your toe on something at any speed you will in all probability be crippled.

Lastly, if a situation arises where you need maximum control (evasion) having those things swinging out there in the breeze will prevent that.

If your bike is moving, your feet should be on the pegs for maximum control. If you're afraid of stalling/dropping coming out of a turn or intersection, you need more practice.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104464868 -->

eek2.gif
biggrin.gif
Did your heel hit you in the back of the head?
Lol...
laugh.gif
Not quite but I like to have never got my damned foot back up to the peg!
biggrin.gif
What really sucked was after all that, my bud wasn't even close enough on his 6RR to see the damned warning!
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104466191 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Firstly, it throws off your balance. If your legs aren't stowed they hang loose, meaning that they are randomly shifting your center of gravity.

Second, if you catch your toe on something at any speed you will in all probability be crippled.

Lastly, if a situation arises where you need maximum control (evasion) having those things swinging out there in the breeze will prevent that.

If your bike is moving, your feet should be on the pegs for maximum control. If you're afraid of stalling/dropping coming out of a turn or intersection, you need more practice.
Hell, I turn around and ride backwards sometimes just out of boredom.

But you are absolutely correct,,,,,,,,,,, if you are just learning!
tounge.gif

Back