10 reasons I think Casey Stoner is really a looser

What I saw in the race was that Pedrosa rode with all he had to keep up with Stoner, and when in the lead Stoner was keeping up with Pedrosa easily, but just couldn't get the opportunity for a good place to pass, pushed it on last lap and lost the front.

Stoner may be a little of a prima donna, but he can ride the living crap out of his bike. He can sit thru most of QP, then got out and set pole seemingly without effort. Like him or not, right now he's on the top of the pack. But, I see him look at his wife and child, and it has tempered him a little - as it does every dad. He no longer can fully rid himself of his survival instinct.

Yes, once you get the video pass, so you can see ALL the FP/QP/Warm up/Race for all THREE Classes (that's like 16 hours of video PER RACE) you don't have the perspective than an hour of SPEED gives.

Is it not true that Rossi has better lap times on the duc than Stoner ever did? As I see it, Rossi is stuck in the past with the lack of improvements that Honda and Yamaha has incorporated into their bikes. I would love to see Rossi on Padrosa's bike and see what happens.

Stoner got himself an arse whoopin yesterday. :laugh:

Not sure I would call it an arse whoopin, the good thing though is that he did not blame anyone else and admitted his mistake this time. He pretty much explained exactly what happened as reported in the news on the MotoGP site. If his front did not wash out, the finish sure would have provided more entertainment at the end.

10 reasons I think Casey Stoner is really a looser:

1. He only wins when he has the best bike (or in the case of a few Ducati wins when he is looking for a new ride on Honda).
  2. He only wins when he has clear air.
  3. He isn’t dedicated to the sport; he looks at MotoGP like it’s there for him to make money and nothing else. He doesn’t work hard, rides as little as possible. The Press makes a big deal over the fact that he comes out and rides his fastest laps in his first couple laps – maybe if he rode a little harder he could learn how to run in traffic or how to be creative under race conditions.
  4. It’s never the bike. One thing that strikes me about the MotoGP video pass is how open the riders are about their bikes and their personal performance. Rossi openly says he is having trouble riding the Ducati as Hayden seems to ride it better. Jorge says when he makes mistakes, so do Crutchlow and Hayden. But with Stoner it’s always the bike wasn’t that good but I managed to ride through it.
  5. Head to head, with competitive equipment, both Rossi and Jorge have out foxed Stoner on the track several times. I my mind Stoner is a fast rider but Jorge & Rossi are racers.
  6. Stoner wants to get out front and run away from everyone. He’s not tough and not a fighter. I was not a Jorge fan, but I have come to appreciate that he is a street fighter – that’s what real champions are. You’re supposed to win when everything goes your way, champions win when it all goes bad and they still manage to pull through.
  7. Casey doesn’t love the sport. You can see it in his eyes he is doing this because of the money and it’s his job. You can see the guys that are like kids at Christmas thinking: “I’m actually getting paid to ride the best motorcycles on the best tracks in the world.†Stoner is thinking “I’m the fastest rider and this is about me.â€
  8. Stoner runs and hides from the interviewer when things don’t go perfect. He doesn’t realize that he owes his fans an explanation.
  9. Stoner makes stupid mistakes when he isn’t out front and everything is going perfect. Remember his warm-up lap crash a few years ago?
  10. Stoner doesn’t want it. He doesn’t care about being great or the best ever. That’s why he is willing to walk away while on the best bike in MotoGP. I respect his right to quit and maybe that’s better for his family, but there are riders all over the world who would give anything for his spot. Also Honda invested a lot of money in the Stoner team and to have that end before it’s achieved all it can has got to make Honda think twice about putting money into the sport.

Yes, I love Rossi. Yes I was pissed off when people were trying to put Stoner up against a guy with 9 world championships after his second win? And yes I think Stoner is a bit of a self centered punk.

There, got that off my chest.:laugh:

Can't say I agree with any of the above statements other than he wants to "get out front"

OK..... this is my 1st post and maybe my last, but here goes.
You wanted a bite and you've got one...

I agree that Stoner has become an arrogant prima donna since becoming WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!
I think anyone who becomes a WORLD CHAMPION has a right to little of that especially since everyone keeps telling them they are the best etc etc.
Just look at Lorenzo whenever he won just a a race...you would think he had just conquered the world, and Rossi wasn't much better.

Maybe there is a little(no let's make that a lot) of jealousy because the Americans can't hack it in MGP
Spies is lucky to finish a race, Haydon is never much better than mid pack and Edwards is last if not worse (I like Edwards by the way-always have).
Spies should go back to WSBK or AMA cos that's the only places he was ever really any good.
OK Haydon was World Champ one season and good for him.

Unfortunately some guys are only good in one category, Spies was brilliant in Superbikes...after being bridesmaid to Matt Mladin !!!!! :))

Aussies tend to be good at what they do because they have to fight the rest of the world...Stoner, Mladin, Corser, Bayliss, Doohan, Gardiner.
Funnily enough US domination/success in world motorcycle racing seemed to end when 500cc 2 strokes were phased out.

Personally I am not a fan of MGP. It is too egocentric and basically irrelevant.
WSBK has more relevance in the sport due to it being closer to the real world.
Also you get 2 races and MUCH closer racing week to week.

Stoner has been racing since he was 14 when his parents basically up and sold everything to support him in Europe in his desire to become a world champion.
Good for them AND him..he has paid them back in spades for their faith. I think he has every right to retire and enjoy the spoils....just like your basketballers, baseballers and footballers do!!
And they are only US champions...NOT world champions.
He has been WORLD CHAMPION on Ducati AND Honda....WE SHOULD ALL BE SUCH A LOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT
Cheers :moon:

So, is Mat Maladin a loser in your eyes? If I remember correctly Vale also walked away from the best bike in the paddock also...twice.
:

Vale left bikes to go to other bikes and make them into winners and challenge himself (these are best guesses)... he and is "BIITA, BITTA rival Max Biaggi" (thats how the real moto gp dude used to say it LOL) virtually switched bikes and he still kicked biaggi's a$$. I still hate the ducati move tho, hated it the moment i heard it.

Vale left bikes to go to other bikes and make them into winners and challenge himself (these are best guesses)... he and is "BIITA, BITTA rival Max Biaggi" (thats how the real moto gp dude used to say it LOL) virtually switched bikes and he still kicked biaggi's a$$. I still hate the ducati move tho, hated it the moment i heard it.

It was a challenge, $ motivated and the Italian thing to do!:laugh:

Beleive you me Valention Rossi calculates every move he makes. A stupid man he is not. :thumbsup:
He may not be on a winning bike but he is a winner and more popular than ever and always will be.

I think Rossi was truely shocked at how unridable the GP10 was. But you can see now that he has sort of come to grips with it and that the Ducati is a long term project and may not ever be a winner. Rossi seems like he is at peace with his decisions. I think Ducati has some real problems in that they don't have anything good or special in their bike and they have been making nerly totally new bike the last 3 years. Hopefully Audi can pump some money and knowhow into the effort or I don't see a turnaround in Rossi's career.

I think Rossi was truely shocked at how unridable the GP10 was. But you can see now that he has sort of come to grips with it and that the Ducati is a long term project and may not ever be a winner. Rossi seems like he is at peace with his decisions. I think Ducati has some real problems in that they don't have anything good or special in their bike and they have been making nerly totally new bike the last 3 years. Hopefully Audi can pump some money and knowhow into the effort or I don't see a turnaround in Rossi's career.

Unfortunately, I believe Audi's intention for Ducati is/was to become the top spot of motor vehicle producers,
thus increasing their value on the market. They'll dump it in a year or two. They are hell bent on being #1. Rossi will be on a new team next season, mark my words.

ANY MAN that has a wife that looks like Adriana Stoner can't be a total loser :)

OK..... this is my 1st post and maybe my last, but here goes.
You wanted a bite and you've got one...

Welcome to the board, hope this is not your last post?

I agree that Stoner has become an arrogant prima donna since becoming WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!
I think anyone who becomes a WORLD CHAMPION has a right to little of that especially since everyone keeps telling them they are the best etc etc.
Just look at Lorenzo whenever he won just a a race...you would think he had just conquered the world, and Rossi wasn't much better.

Maybe there is a little(no let's make that a lot) of jealousy because the Americans can't hack it in MGP
We can't always be at the top of our game, give the rest a chance as well. ???
Spies is lucky to finish a race, Haydon is never much better than mid pack and Edwards is last if not worse (I like Edwards by the way-always have).
Spies is just as good as he always was, MotoGP is a big step up from WSBK and AMA, he is just riding with better riders and technology than before.
Spies should go back to WSBK or AMA cos that's the only places he was ever really any good.
Hang in there, give the man a chance, I think he is just lacking confidence at this time.
OK Haydon was World Champ one season and good for him.
He seems to give Rossi, the old all time world champion a good run for his money. It's not only the rider, this is a team sport, lots of people involved.

Unfortunately some guys are only good in one category, Spies was brilliant in Superbikes...after being bridesmaid to Matt Mladin !!!!! :))
He is not doing too bad, he still features and seems to be building confidence. Don't be so hard.

Aussies tend to be good at what they do because they have to fight the rest of the world...Stoner, Mladin, Corser, Bayliss, Doohan, Gardiner.
Funnily enough US domination/success in world motorcycle racing seemed to end when 500cc 2 strokes were phased out.

Personally I am not a fan of MGP. It is too egocentric and basically irrelevant.
IMHO, the technology, professionalism and support surpasses the other two by a long shot. But hey we are all different and that is OK.
WSBK has more relevance in the sport due to it being closer to the real world.
Also you get 2 races and MUCH closer racing week to week.

Stoner has been racing since he was 14 when his parents basically up and sold everything to support him in Europe in his desire to become a world champion.
Good for them AND him..he has paid them back in spades for their faith. I think he has every right to retire and enjoy the spoils....just like your basketballers, baseballers and footballers do!!
I agree with you somewhat, if he did not critisize the orgnization by saying things such as "He no longer has the passion, because of the way the sport has changed" I would fully agree with you.
And they are only US champions...NOT world champions.
There are a number of US World Champions, but we prefer not to be racial about this as we have a melting pot of different nations and cultures to enjoy right here.
He has been WORLD CHAMPION on Ducati AND Honda....WE SHOULD ALL BE SUCH A LOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do most of us still love Rossi? It's not just about winning, but also about the team and the person himself.
GET OVER IT
Cheers :moon:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I recall seeing Stoner race hard on more than one occasion, but when he announced his retirement, he said he lost his passion for the sport. So, you know he lost it well before he made the announcement.

Something happened that we don't know just yet--maybe it's a new illness he has (he had some illness that kept him out of the championship for several months when he was with Ducati), or an illness that afflicts a member of his family. Or, maybe Honda said to him that the new bike will be designed for Pedrosa, like they did to Nicky Hayden the summer after he won the MotoGP World Championship. (I'll never again respect Honda for that move, and it caused me to dislike Pedrosa.)

Stoner has always been quiet--except for his dispute with Ducati, Rossi, and Hayden--so you have to respect his decision. Even Rossi said he was shocked, and that the sport will lose a great contender.
Stoner said he didn't like the direction the sport was taking........not sure what he meant by that ??? Maybe new rule/bike changes? When you're on the best equipment out there it makes it easier to win....maybe he doesn't want any new changes to take his advantage away? I got the impression something about the sport isn't to his liking anymore....maybe he's not getting paid enough ??? :laugh:

My biggest peeve about the Speed Broadcast is the Speed announcer doesn't even know how to pronounce Lorenzo's name........he has always called him Lorentho......rots me to no end.....

I can't stand Greg Creamer either, but I believe that he is correctly pronouncing Lorenzo's name--but, as you were in Spain. MotoGP should issue a press release with the correct pronunciation of each rider's full name. Same thing happens in F1--I recall Bob Varsha pronouncing a driver's name one way, and David Hobbs pronouncing it another way--during the same broadcast! Drove me crazy!

Back