10 reasons I think Casey Stoner is really a looser

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
10 reasons I think Casey Stoner is really a looser:

1. He only wins when he has the best bike (or in the case of a few Ducati wins when he is looking for a new ride on Honda).
  2. He only wins when he has clear air.
  3. He isn’t dedicated to the sport; he looks at MotoGP like it’s there for him to make money and nothing else. He doesn’t work hard, rides as little as possible. The Press makes a big deal over the fact that he comes out and rides his fastest laps in his first couple laps – maybe if he rode a little harder he could learn how to run in traffic or how to be creative under race conditions.
  4. It’s never the bike. One thing that strikes me about the MotoGP video pass is how open the riders are about their bikes and their personal performance. Rossi openly says he is having trouble riding the Ducati as Hayden seems to ride it better. Jorge says when he makes mistakes, so do Crutchlow and Hayden. But with Stoner it’s always the bike wasn’t that good but I managed to ride through it.
  5. Head to head, with competitive equipment, both Rossi and Jorge have out foxed Stoner on the track several times. I my mind Stoner is a fast rider but Jorge & Rossi are racers.
  6. Stoner wants to get out front and run away from everyone. He’s not tough and not a fighter. I was not a Jorge fan, but I have come to appreciate that he is a street fighter – that’s what real champions are. You’re supposed to win when everything goes your way, champions win when it all goes bad and they still manage to pull through.
  7. Casey doesn’t love the sport. You can see it in his eyes he is doing this because of the money and it’s his job. You can see the guys that are like kids at Christmas thinking: “I’m actually getting paid to ride the best motorcycles on the best tracks in the world.†Stoner is thinking “I’m the fastest rider and this is about me.â€
  8. Stoner runs and hides from the interviewer when things don’t go perfect. He doesn’t realize that he owes his fans an explanation.
  9. Stoner makes stupid mistakes when he isn’t out front and everything is going perfect. Remember his warm-up lap crash a few years ago?
  10. Stoner doesn’t want it. He doesn’t care about being great or the best ever. That’s why he is willing to walk away while on the best bike in MotoGP. I respect his right to quit and maybe that’s better for his family, but there are riders all over the world who would give anything for his spot. Also Honda invested a lot of money in the Stoner team and to have that end before it’s achieved all it can has got to make Honda think twice about putting money into the sport.

Yes, I love Rossi. Yes I was pissed off when people were trying to put Stoner up against a guy with 9 world championships after his second win? And yes I think Stoner is a bit of a self centered punk.

There, got that off my chest.:laugh:

well i never really got a good vibe from stoner and some of what you say seems to kind of fit although I dont know how true SOME of it may or may not be lol. im a also a fan of the guy who gets shoved off the track, passes the guy that shoved him, then gives him the finger after passing said rider.

while we are talking moto gp tho, i dont like the way SPEED has "americanized" the broadcast. all i wanna hear is the two guys with the accents say things like "centigrade" and "idn'it?" after there questions. i dont need a refresher every commercial break then "lets go back to the world feed" wtf

In my opinion Stoner does good to show up. If I was married to his wife I would never leave home!

I absolutely loved the ending of this weeks race. The only better outcome would be if the #2 finisher had won the race.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

mistaforty said:
well i never really got a good vibe from stoner and some of what you say seems to kind of fit although I dont know how true SOME of it may or may not be lol. im a also a fan of the guy who gets shoved off the track, passes the guy that shoved him, then gives him the finger after passing said rider.

while we are talking moto gp tho, i dont like the way SPEED has "americanized" the broadcast. all i wanna hear is the two guys with the accents say things like "centigrade" and "idn'it?" after there questions. i dont need a refresher every commercial break then "lets go back to the world feed" wtf

I'm with you 200% on Speed's coverage of MotoGP. All you have to do is compare it to the Moto 2 coverage, which is exactly how it should be. But, Speed is really NASCAR TV, so that's what you get--like scrolling positions across the top. Why not just show me (down the left side, top to bottom) every time the leader, then then next 9 positions, pass the start/finish? This way, it doesn't matter what's on the screen.

I recall seeing Stoner race hard on more than one occasion, but when he announced his retirement, he said he lost his passion for the sport. So, you know he lost it well before he made the announcement.

Something happened that we don't know just yet--maybe it's a new illness he has (he had some illness that kept him out of the championship for several months when he was with Ducati), or an illness that afflicts a member of his family. Or, maybe Honda said to him that the new bike will be designed for Pedrosa, like they did to Nicky Hayden the summer after he won the MotoGP World Championship. (I'll never again respect Honda for that move, and it caused me to dislike Pedrosa.)

Stoner has always been quiet--except for his dispute with Ducati, Rossi, and Hayden--so you have to respect his decision. Even Rossi said he was shocked, and that the sport will lose a great contender.

10 reasons I think Casey Stoner is really a looser:

1. He only wins when he has the best bike (or in the case of a few Ducati wins when he is looking for a new ride on Honda).
  2. He only wins when he has clear air.
  3. He isn’t dedicated to the sport; he looks at MotoGP like it’s there for him to make money and nothing else. He doesn’t work hard, rides as little as possible. The Press makes a big deal over the fact that he comes out and rides his fastest laps in his first couple laps – maybe if he rode a little harder he could learn how to run in traffic or how to be creative under race conditions.
  4. It’s never the bike. One thing that strikes me about the MotoGP video pass is how open the riders are about their bikes and their personal performance. Rossi openly says he is having trouble riding the Ducati as Hayden seems to ride it better. Jorge says when he makes mistakes, so do Crutchlow and Hayden. But with Stoner it’s always the bike wasn’t that good but I managed to ride through it.
  5. Head to head, with competitive equipment, both Rossi and Jorge have out foxed Stoner on the track several times. I my mind Stoner is a fast rider but Jorge & Rossi are racers.
  6. Stoner wants to get out front and run away from everyone. He’s not tough and not a fighter. I was not a Jorge fan, but I have come to appreciate that he is a street fighter – that’s what real champions are. You’re supposed to win when everything goes your way, champions win when it all goes bad and they still manage to pull through.
  7. Casey doesn’t love the sport. You can see it in his eyes he is doing this because of the money and it’s his job. You can see the guys that are like kids at Christmas thinking: “I’m actually getting paid to ride the best motorcycles on the best tracks in the world.” Stoner is thinking “I’m the fastest rider and this is about me.”
  8. Stoner runs and hides from the interviewer when things don’t go perfect. He doesn’t realize that he owes his fans an explanation.
  9. Stoner makes stupid mistakes when he isn’t out front and everything is going perfect. Remember his warm-up lap crash a few years ago?
  10. Stoner doesn’t want it. He doesn’t care about being great or the best ever. That’s why he is willing to walk away while on the best bike in MotoGP. I respect his right to quit and maybe that’s better for his family, but there are riders all over the world who would give anything for his spot. Also Honda invested a lot of money in the Stoner team and to have that end before it’s achieved all it can has got to make Honda think twice about putting money into the sport.

Yes, I love Rossi. Yes I was pissed off when people were trying to put Stoner up against a guy with 9 world championships after his second win? And yes I think Stoner is a bit of a self centered punk.

There, got that off my chest.:laugh:

Did you ever watch him in WSB, Tame the Ducati in MotoGP? Loser? Awful big label for someone with huge talent... I would be more inclined to call him a primadonna, not a loser. I didn't know that lolly gaggling with the rest of the pack was the way to win races....:whistle:

So, is Mat Maladin a loser in your eyes? If I remember correctly Vale also walked away from the best bike in the paddock also...twice.

Just because you do not like him personally, doesn't mean he is a loser. Far from it. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and remember, they are like buttholes everyone has one. :laugh:

You need to go to

motogp.com · Pedrosa charges to first season win in dramatic Sachsenring race

and purchase yourself a video pass. You will never watch the races, practices, or QP sessions the same. Ask SKYDIVER...:whistle:

For the record, SPEED Channel's coverage of anything other than NASCAR

SUX

Did you ever watch him in WSB, Tame the Ducati in MotoGP? Loser? Awful big label for someone with huge talent... I would be more inclined to call him a primadonna, not a loser. I didn't know that lolly gaggling with the rest of the pack was the way to win races....:whistle:

So, is Mat Maladin a loser in your eyes? If I remember correctly Vale also walked away from the best bike in the paddock also...twice.

Just because you do not like him personally, doesn't mean he is a loser. Far from it. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and remember, they are like buttholes everyone has one. :laugh:

OK, primadonna! He never "tamed" the really bad Ducati - in fact it made him look like an idiot on several occasions. Rossi went to something else. Honda wanted to own him as they think it's all the bike. Yamaha decided Jorge was his man, so he left. Matt had won it all and wasn't going to MotoGP because of his age. I actually met him at a Hotel during an event at VIR.

I will admit I was trying to stir something up with my post - had just finished watching the race on the video pass (the only way to watch by the way)

I just saw the Stoner interview. He says he was "better than Dani and the front just let go". Also he claims "the turn marshalls didn't help him or he could have had a good result?" I was right the first time he is an azz. He can't get his arrogant little fanny out of the sport fast enough for me. I hope the best for him and his family and I hope they can manage the money he has made so that we never see or hear from him again.

Man, I need to start drinking or smoking again :banghead:

Thing is, Stoner really battled for position, and said he was setting up for a last-lap pass. And just as they were crossing the line, it was raining in the pits. I wonder if the track was wet where his front end let go?

It rained on the spot he was at but not the spot Dani was at? Are we now going believe that the rain was out to get Stoner too........

I better stop. I'm ranting.......:cursin:

I think it's hilariously ironic that you misspelled "loser".

Personally, unless I had achieved anything even remotely like the racing success that Stoner has, I'd probably be a bit more circumspect about criticising him. - Stoner crashes because he really tries to reach the absolute limits of performance, both in terms of what the bike can do and what he can do.

Do I think he's the best rider in MotoGP? No. Do I think he has more balls than anyone in MotoGP? Yes.

My biggest peeve about the Speed Broadcast is the Speed announcer doesn't even know how to pronounce Lorenzo's name........he has always called him Lorentho......rots me to no end.....

I also agree with the comments about Stoner.

I think Stoner has tremendous talent, one of the best. Due to his attitude, he is not one of my favorites though.

I don't like Stoner either but

x610.jpg

Looks like he is doing pretty well.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

x610.jpg

I misspeel everything, mainly because i can't type but also because I don't care that much about it. I'm a visual guy as most architects are.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Stoner but as a fan who pays to enjoy the sport I get to call people who are way more talented than me loosers whenever I want to, dammit.

:rofl:

Is it not true that Rossi has better lap times on the duc than Stoner ever did? As I see it, Rossi is stuck in the past with the lack of improvements that Honda and Yamaha has incorporated into their bikes. I would love to see Rossi on Padrosa's bike and see what happens.

Stoner got himself an arse whoopin yesterday. :laugh:

Back