Stupid question

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I know, I know, this is a stupid question but...Do you give the "biker wave" to scooters? I usually do because sometimes I don't even know there're scooters (some are pretty big) until they pass. So, I wave--but I NEVER get a wave back!! Hmmm-social class thing (they're better than us) or are they just not use to it. PS--If this is all I'm thinking 'bout, guess I need to get a life!!! LOL

Hell,I wave to kids on tricycles and they wave back!
biggrin.gif

Not too sure 'bout the skooter thing.....

dont understand the connection between boats and bikes, do you wave at other drivers when your in your car?

I do sometimes.  I guess It depends what kind of mood I'm in.  But honestly I'd rather not get waved to by a scooter driver then a Harley driver.  God forbid you lower yourself to wave to a guy on a ricerocket.  As if!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: "I need auto spell check Captain!"|1154000434 -->

If you have a Jeep Wrangler (CJ, TJ, etc.) you wave at others. I wave at every two wheeled vehicle. Hell, sometimes I get confused and wave at Jeeps while on the bike and wave at bikes when I'm in the Jeep.:laugh:

If you have a Jeep Wrangler (CJ, TJ, etc.) you wave at others. I wave at every two wheeled vehicle. Hell, sometimes I get confused and wave at Jeeps while on the bike and wave at bikes when I'm in the Jeep.:laugh:
Same here! I sometimes wave at bike riders when I'm in my jeep. They look at me strange!!!!

I don't wave scooters because that's more like walking than riding. But, I get caught too, by those large, fairinged, dual headlighted ones. In my area, scooter drivers just don't understand the wave so I don't bother.

I wave at all motorized 2 wheel vehicles.  I don't know why they are riding a scooter and not a Busa and frankly I don't care.  What I do know is they are dealing with the same idiot cagers that we are.  They are dealing with the same dangers as we are as well.  Are you going to get less injured and rash because you went down at 50mph on a scooter?  Nope.  50mph is 50mph on a bike, skateboard, scooter, Busa whatever.  Just because they might only have 100ccs or something doesn't really matter.  Idiot cagers don't differentiate because it is a scooter, they will still turn left in front of them as well.  

JMHO

Don

PS. Besides if I don't wave at them because they are on a scooter, then it makes me just as asinine as the Harley riders who want initiate or return a wave because someone is not riding a Harley.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Forgot something"|1154008986 -->

Early in Spring I will wave at just about everything on 2 wheels & get a wave back. Now that is nearly time for the Sturgis Rally & I see tons of bikes I just try to return the waves I get.. and this is South Dakota so I do wave at everyone in a car when I am on the back roads!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|HillsRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154010139 -->

If you are on two wheels you'll get a wave from me... two fingers out to the side... peace and ride on brother/sister...

Early in Spring I will wave at just about everything on 2 wheels & get a wave back. Now that is nearly time for the Sturgis Rally & I see tons of bikes I just try to return the waves I get.. and this is South Dakota so I do wave everyone in a car when I am on the back roads!
tounge.gif
Rob in that target rich environment, does that mean that you spend a lot time "hunting"?

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I like to road hunt... for pheasants... during season of course!
biggrin.gif

I suppose you have a different kind of "road hunting" down there in Arkansas...
face7.gif

<!--EDIT|HillsRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154010303 -->

I know, I know, this is a stupid question but...Do you give the "biker wave" to scooters?  I usually do because sometimes I don't even know there're scooters (some are pretty big) until they pass.  So, I wave--but I NEVER get a wave back!!  Hmmm-social class thing (they're better than us) or are they just not use to it.  PS--If this is all I'm thinking 'bout, guess I need to get a life!!! LOL
Scooter riders are future Hardly riders. Learning to be a snob early in the process of becoming a bad arse biker chick magnet.

I don't wave to any of them.

hogger...

Back