Stupid insurance

Funny coming across this thread. I just traded my ZX14 in and returned to a Busa. Now....with the 14 and my SuperMotard my insurance was $77 per month, my insurance agent just wrote yesterday and said it will now be $144.

They make no sense at all. I am nearly 40 with an almost perfect record. How can an insurance company assess a 2x upcharge for a bike that is considered to be in the same "Category" as the first?

So....now I am shopping for insurance instead of loving the new ride:banghead:

Im thinking about picking up a 2011 or 12 depending on the price I can get them for.. so need to find new cheaper insurance myself.. :banghead:

Funny coming across this thread. I just traded my ZX14 in and returned to a Busa. Now....with the 14 and my SuperMotard my insurance was $77 per month, my insurance agent just wrote yesterday and said it will now be $144.

They make no sense at all. I am nearly 40 with an almost perfect record. How can an insurance company assess a 2x upcharge for a bike that is considered to be in the same "Category" as the first?

So....now I am shopping for insurance instead of loving the new ride:banghead:

I commend you for coming to your senses and returning to the busa family!! :laugh: I think you just need to shop around for a better price. The best I could find for my busa was $800 per year. I had quotes from some companies as high as $1500 a year.

i have state farm , i am 31 , less then stellar driving record , i pay $435 a year full coverage on a 06 busa. i also have 3 vehicles through them though.

Viking Insurance. 2 Speeding tickets and a Buell. $40.00 a month in California in a Non-Desirable Zip Code............FYI !!!

I don't understand when I was in Florida (Broward county) I called State Farm to get a quote when i first bought the bike and the lady on the phone told me the GSX1300R wasn't even listed in their system and she would have to call to find out the cost. Needless to say she called me the next day and told me State Farm wouldn't insure the bike. ???

Insurance here in England is crazy to.
I was just checking some out, and comprehensive insurance for the year was £320 for the lowest and £9931 for the highest.

I am in Broward too (Miramar), have an 09 Harley Dyna and a 12 Ultra, just bought a 12 Busa, both Harleys full 530 per year. Didn't really think about insurance when I bought the Busa, dam near fell out of my chair when they quoted 1500 per year, tried progressive and state farm state farm slightly cheaper but still way out of line. I have a clean record. What insurance did you go with?

I don't understand when I was in Florida (Broward county) I called State Farm to get a quote when i first bought the bike and the lady on the phone told me the GSX1300R wasn't even listed in their system and she would have to call to find out the cost. Needless to say she called me the next day and told me State Farm wouldn't insure the bike. ???

I had State Fam do weird stuff to me also in Florida. They started bring up step kids that were married and in the Navy asking about their driving record. It was my step daughter and in FL you need the motorcycle endorsment to even legaly drive a bike.

It became obvious to me they did not want to even give me a quote.

I have even had State Farm before for 20 years straight. Moved off them awhile ago when their car rates started going up for no reason. Insurance companies do not make sense.

Back