Bike insurance.

newman

Registered
It's crazy here in the UK.
I'm insured with a company called MCE.
Bike insurance is due so I phoned them got a quote for £255 for 12 months and they give you three more months free.

Now I'd already been on a price comparison site and got a quote from the same company for £184 for twelve months
So if I could pay for 15 months it would work out at £230.

So I told he insurance company and he guy said alright you can have it for £230.
But I said I'm not really getting three months free then as I am paying for the extra three months, so I decided to leave it.

Checked a lot more sites and they were all about the same price £184-£186 for twelve months.

So I decided to check my insurers website to see what would happen.
Put in all my details like I was a new customer the price came out £186 for 15 months.

I don't know why they didn't quote me that in the beginning.:banghead:

Although I've heard it happening to other people, you renewal is dearer than you can get in on a comparison site for the same company.

Anyway I've got nine days to sort it out.

You are fortunate to not be in British Columbia Canada. I am at the highest discount rate for riders and my bike costs around $1400 per year for full coverage. Costs so much that I no longer insure for 12 months. Barely afford 8 months. Here we pay progressively more per cc of displacement. Top rates kick in at 1100cc.

I am in my 60s.

Younger men pay even more.

Cheers, Ziggy

You are fortunate to not be in British Columbia Canada. I am at the highest discount rate for riders and my bike costs around $1400 per year for full coverage. Costs so much that I no longer insure for 12 months. Barely afford 8 months. Here we pay progressively more per cc of displacement. Top rates kick in at 1100cc.

I am in my 60s.
Younger men pay even more.

Cheers, Ziggy

You could move south!! :)

-D

Back