For those that might be looking for bike Insurance

TallTom

Registered
I happen to be coming up on policy expiration on my other bike so I have been sort of shopping rates some anyway. The Busa rates were killing me even with the same company that had my other bike (Progressive) wouldn't touch it. My cruiser was $440 a year for full coverage with a $250 deductible. The Busa was killing me no matter where I shopped.

I did the State Farm thing. Everyone told me SF was the bomb. Maybe for them but for me they were no bargain. I have no tickets but I do have a claim where I was not at fault and the kid hit me and ran off so there was a payout 2 years ago. That alone killed it for me at State Farm as far as needing a "PERFECT" history.

I had called Geico a few months back. Apparently called the wrong part of Gieco because I went to bikeweek and in one of the tents (OK it was the Kawasaki tent I confess), they had a Gieco booth. I thought heck if they are at bikeweek they must be trying to get bikes, so I stopped and got a what the heck quote.

The quote not only came back FANTASTICLY LOWER but here is the kicker, I asked if they can insure my other bike. Yes please give us the info on it. Which I did. Now the part that stuns me. The quote came back lower than with just my Busa insured by itself. I made sure there was no error and reasked them all the right questions. Yes sir it is actually cheaper to insure both bikes togther after we apply the multibike discount.

So my end result is GIECO for bikes quoted me a better quote by more than $400 a year on my Busa. Then it was further reduced by insuring my second bike. I now have 2 bikes fully insured for less money than my Busa was going to run me alone and the total premium is about $120 more than I was paying to have full coverage on my other bike.

Then to further make my day, they asked if I was interested in automobile insurance. I figured what do I have to lose now? So I gave them all my info. That came back $115 a year cheaper, AND I got a further reduction in my bike rates (by another $30). They are sending me a check for $30 for that discount since I already paid my bike policies in full before getting my vehicles quoted.

I shopped around a LOT for good rates, including GIECO. But there is a bike specific portion of GIECO that I never knew about until now.

So think about checking out GIECO specifically the motorcycle part of the company. I am dancing a happy dance right now and wanted to pass this info along for those that mayu be shopping now or in the future.

I only Have Liability, and it runs 150 a year with progressive. Couldnt afford full coverage back in 03, it would have been 5000 a year and i was 28 then

Liability only? Not meeting you and all, but you are crazy. Keep shopping till you find a rate you can afford.
Check them all.

The green guy and cave buds have come around a bit! You didn't get in the wrong place or section of them last year! they are just diving in! Last year for me over 600 this year same policy $251.00
rock.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Back