Stupid insurance

BigBadDodge

Registered
:banghead::banghead:

So i've kept it on the downlow but the past few months i've been looking at the new ZX14's. Without the truck payments anymore i decided what better time than now, I originally had went down in 06 when they came out to buy one brand new and couldnt get an insurance company to touch me, was horrible, i had cash to buy the bike but no insurance. Keep in mind that was with a horrible record, a bike accident year and a half prior and not even 21 years old. So fast forward quite a few years, most of my records cleaned up, go down and talk money on the brand new 2012 special ed. Even without any money down my credit is smokin right now thanks to the truck loan showing payed off and i've gotten my credit card balances knocked almost in half. Money would work great, but planned on selling the busa and only financing a little bit of it. Dealer had 2 of em on the floor, both had been test ridden and had some miles so i tell my buddy (who by the way was knocking a substantial amount of money off sticker and even tossed a new icon leather jacket into the deal) I want one brand new, he goes well those are brand new. No you dont understand i've never had anything brand new i want to see it come out of the crate, i want the first mile on it. So needless to say they locate one and get it heading this way.
At this point i havent signed anything and told him before you get it coming i need to check on insurance, oh man dont worry about it, considered sport touring will probably be a few bucks more than your busa, well i need to check. So he gets it shipped anyway saying if you back out i can sell it no problem anyway. So i call today....Now theres a difference between what i can afford and what i will afford. The 2012 ZX14 would cost me just under $400 a month to insure, which is doable even with the payment....But i will not pay that much to insure a bike. Hell the busa runs me 70 bucks a month.

So the 2012 is out, the suzuki dealer has a 2009 14 monster energy edition with 2900 miles, power commander, full yoshi exhaust, throttle plate mod done, new tires bike literally looks brand new for 10k. Thinking of going and having a chat with them, and adding it to the stable rather than replacing the busa, insurance on the 09 is 140 a month.

Which companies did you check? Try state farm - they typically classify those types of bikes for touring and the rates are way better for better coverage.

Have checked allstate- which is where all my other stuff is insured through, house, cars, busa
Dairyland, liberty mutual, farmers, progressive, cheapest right now is dairyland at 324 a month which is still more than i will pay for a bike lol.

State farm 2 years ago wouldnt even insure me because of my past, might check tomorrow though

Your paying lots..Up here in Canada (Alberta) I just got me a 2012 with 0 km..I pay $517 a Year.. fire, theft and all the other stuff...Just sayin

It doesn't make any sense to me. That much difference for a new bike? Did your agent explain why so much difference for just a few years? I hope you can straighten it out and get the one in the crate.

Sorry to hear that bro. How much did they want for the ZX14 and what would the payments have been per month?

It doesn't make any sense to me. That much difference for a new bike? Did your agent explain why so much difference for just a few years? I hope you can straighten it out and get the one in the crate.
Yea no kidding, she said my busa, the 09 and 12 are all ranked as a "class 5" sportbike, but couldnt explain to my why such a difference between the 3 besides the values between the brand new one and the 09 ie the 2012 being at around 14,500 and the 09 being around 10k.

But got to thinking for what a 2012 would cost me to insure a month i could insure 5 2006 hayabusas. And out here i can pick up stock ones around 4k, maybe its time to start collecting :laugh:

Sorry to hear that bro. How much did they want for the ZX14 and what would the payments have been per month?

I had it down to around a hair over 200 a month, no interest for 60 months with no money down (around 12,500)
Figured i'd put around 6k down but wanted to see money wise what they would do with nothing down

Didn't finish.... When I bought my bike last month geico wanted 900/yr for the zx-14 and 1100/yr for the busa. Full coverage

State farm 2 years ago wouldnt even insure me because of my past, might check tomorrow though

Yeap, give them a try - if you bundle the rest of your insurance with them you get the better m/c rates as well - there are two rate groups they have for bikes.

I swear by State Farm . I see you're in Thornton . My agent is Garrett Calloway . He's at 120th and Colorado Blvd . Near Roma's . His secretary Debbie is kick ass . Great agent to deal with .

I'll check em out smedly, im off 115th and colorado so not like its a trip lol

Kinda gave up on that one, the gen 1's are cheap enough out here keeping an eye out for a good deal and stay on the zukis. Probably keep mine tame enough for the street and build a drag bike with another one (really dont wanna be replacing a 240 tire all the time from burnouts at the track lol). I'd like something new but the more i look at it, mines paid off, and over the course of a few months i could pay cash for another one, screw payments:laugh:

state farm quoted me so low that I still dont believe it. I need to get down there and get a new policy. they said they would cover the upgrades ive done to my bike in a theft as long as I show proof of upgrades and their value. I told the agent I have a chit load of upgrades and she said we know people invest $40-50k into their bikes and some quite a bit more. almost sounds too good to be true.

the agent told me I didnt have to pay more for it either. thats what made me really question the validity of it but im gonna go down there when I get my bike back from Powerhouse since im having a few things done to it over the winter and see if their policy is as good as they say it is.

I believe I need to look into state Farm also. I don't like riding around on liability only on my girl friend. Progressive is cheap but it is liability only

I have allstate for everything else but they are twice as much as state farm. If you want a second bike why not a gen 2?

I believe I need to look into state Farm also. I don't like riding around on liability only on my girl friend. Progressive is cheap but it is liability only

Same thing for me. Liability on with progressive. That is changing next month. Both State farm and Liberty M quoted me better rates

State Farm has both my 08 Hayabusa and my 08 Ram. I have a completely clean record and my full coverage insurance on just my Hayabusa is $402.00 for the year.... comes out to $33.50 a month

Back