Stuffed by a goldwing?

Yellow Wolf passed my like I was standing still. I had a chance to talk to him at the overlook. Not only does he know the road because he spends every day riding back and forth on the same 11 miles, he has several thousands of dollars in suspension mods on the wing.

When i was at the spring 05' bash, i was on the dragon for the first time and while i was riding along thinking i was actually doing something i was passed by a fully loaded blackbird like it was nothing.  That put things into perspective for me.

The HD crowd rolling through that day was a PITA to deal with.

I rode with an navy seal (retired) that would keep up with me (on my 750 gsx ). Vern was fun to ride with . He passed away a few months ago . Heres a pic of him after he had his wing made into a trike . He had to do to having a stroke.

vern.jpg

Man, my riding really sucks now. It used to just suck, now it really sucks!
bowdown.gif

I do however, believe that if I live near the gap, I would have much more practice in, and my riding would only semi-suck
biggrin.gif

(tinbender0 @ Oct. 08 2006,19:06) BUT WHY A GOLDWING ? Imagine if he had a sportsbike!
Probaly because he spends all day every day on the bike. Needs something comfortable. Its also easier to get th4e video equipment on the bike and protected with all of the storage on a Wing.

So I'm fairly new to this board... New 06 Busa has a sold sign on it at the stealership. My wife bought it for my birthday! Nice girl...

Can someone please tell me where this road is exactly.

As for the riding skill of this man... If he rides this road everyday then he should be able to ride it like that! Anyone with that amount of experience on any road would be able to do that.

That being said... he has learned his bike well and the road too!!!

(BigBoreBastard @ Oct. 08 2006,20:42) So I'm fairly new to this board... New 06 Busa has a sold sign on it at the stealership. My wife bought it for my birthday! Nice girl...

As for the riding skill of this man... If he rides this road everyday then he should be able to ride it like that! Anyone with that amount of experience on any road would be able to do that.

Yes he is good. As for the Dragon it is in the southeast corner of Tennessee at the TN/NC state line. It is a stretch of Hwy 129. It is worth your trip as there are tons of good roads around the area. Both on the NC and TN side.

I don't care how well you know a particular road, you have a certain level of skills. Let's use a 1-10 scale with 10 being the highest. I don't know this guy but have heard of him for a few years now. My guess is that he ranks in the 8-10 range in skills. I have been riding most of my life and would rank myself in the 4-6 range. I would love to be better so I have started practising the twisties a lot more. I will hopefully, be making my first trip to the gap in a couple of weeks. Oh, and I decided to sell my Harley so if anyone is interested, click below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....8766152

If you read the comments under the video, the guy that filmed it posted up and said he was riding a "1200". I there anyway to save these vids to the harddrive at all?

(BigBoreBastard @ Oct. 08 2006,23:42) So I'm fairly new to this board... New 06 Busa has a sold sign on it at the stealership. My wife bought it for my birthday! Nice girl...

This site will tell you every thing you want to know about Deals Gap.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/  
Welcome to the board  
beerchug.gif

OK IM YELLOW WOLF

i ride a yellow 02 gl1800
its got 2,000 in traxxion susp.
we were running a 14 min pace due to the other wing rider could only go that fast,lol
i have done a 11:55 and expect to do a bit better ,maybe a 11:30
i do run a video busn. there full this yr going to part time next year

(tpbio @ Oct. 08 2006,19:48) Man, my riding really sucks now. It used to just suck, now it really sucks!  
bowdown.gif

I do however, believe that if I live near the gap, I would have much more practice in, and my riding would only semi-suck  
biggrin.gif
You got that right!!!!
muscle.gif

Back