Stuffed by a goldwing?

I think it was his knee pucks on the chase bike that were scraping.  

Goldwing boy can out ride me, that's for sure.

--Wag--
I'd have to listen again to be sure, but sounded like pegs.

I got intimately acquainted with the sound of my right peg/kickstand scraping at the bash...  So I have some idea what it's like.  
jump9.gif
You'd know better than I would. I'm just guessing, though. It just seemed like a hard part scraping would've been less consistent. Also, it didn't seem that the lean angel was enough for scraping hard parts. Unless it was another GW, of course.

--Wag--

I was riding with GrandpaBusa at the spring bash when we saw that guy. I was riding in front of Grandpa when I heard a "beep beep". I looked in my mirror and saw a two wheeled school bus eating up my rear. I moved over and waved him by. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen...and it didn't even hurt my feelings cuzz that dude could scream!

There is a guy up there that you can pay to follow you through the gap and tape you in action. He rides an old goldwing and claims that he can keep up with anyone. From some of the guys that know him, he is right.
cool.gif

don't want to brag too much, but we rode the dragon 3 years ago. People in our group said my husband rode his Wing like a crotchrocket. He was scraping away.........

I can only aspire to be that good in the twisties. I am a chicken, but better safe than sorry. I always picture another 1K in plastics gone
sad.gif

I found this on the web, authenticity not yet confirmed:

Yellow Wolf "That was me on the lead bike and my buddy fuse on the camera bike which was also a gl1800!!!! i was dragging my pegs and fuse was dragging pegs,exhaust cvrs,center stand,and engine guards!!!! the video was from deals gap and were running 14 min runs from overlook to the store during filming!!

i read this post had the fear that it was me gettin my ass handed to me by the goldwing ! when we were at the bash this guy was railin through the dragon passed me several times over the weekend !
sad.gif
he can ride no doubt ! the weekend we were up there there was a yellow gold wing on a flatbed on its side , was this him ? did he make out ok? ant injuries ?

Anyone know how to get in contact with YellowWolf? I had a pack of 3 GW's on my Ass in the gap, but I don't remember if any of them were yellow.

You'd know better than I would.  I'm just guessing, though.  It just seemed like a hard part scraping would've been less consistent.  Also, it didn't seem that the lean angel was enough for scraping hard parts.  Unless it was another GW, of course.

--Wag--
Depends on the rider, whether the sound will be consistent or not.

If you come down too hard on the parts, it kicks the back wheel up, and you either highside, or the bike jumps upright. If you gently come down to the parts you still actually have about 5% left.

I got into a long hard left turn getting onto the highway recently, and held my Burgman on the kickstand for about 10 seconds. I settled it down there real easy, and, because this thing is twitchy, with it's tiny wheels, I could feel the rear end lift a little every time it came down past the line of contact.

Not to take anything away from the tremedous skillz exhibited here by the GW riders but...14 minute Dragon runs on a wing are awesome but not real great compared to full on sportbikes...and to put it in perspective?...14 minute 11 mile dragon runs means carrying an average speed of just a touch over 45mph...which is about average for a slightly "above average" rider on a sportbike or motard...and the "Who's Who" shortlist of what I would term as "pro level dragon riders" is covering that same 11 miles in 9 minutes and mid-high change...maintaining average speeds of well over 60mph...which would place them not walking or even jogging by these GW riders but "Whisking" by them....a sportbike rider with SOLID above average skills should be able to traverse the dragon in well under the 14 minutes shown here...ironically and conversely?...the vast majority of the sportbike masses that frequent the dragon exhibit far less than average sportbike riding skillz...and they are "Prey" for great riders like Yellow Wolf...who's favorite past time is what the local mountain riders refer to as "SNIPING"...which is basically spanking the hearts out of tourist wannabee sportbikers and doing so while piloting far less powerful/capable bikes...he11...one of the most notorious of'em is an old dude named Bob Harrington...AKA "Big Nose Bob"...AKA "CD" (short for "Canyon Dancer")....who is well over 60 years of age and will smoke 99.99999% of Dragon Tourist riders on his 800cc 48rwhp '91 Honda Pacific Coast..which is sort of an overgrown scooter! LOL!....but the mans smooth as he11....pancakes it through the twisties annnnnd...hardly ever touchs the brakes....back in '02 I seen him snipe and fly by liter classers by the dirty dozens.
laugh.gif
So will an older dude named KDSV (Kerry who rides a highly heated up SV650) and Susan Galpin...who also rides a yellow SV650 witha license plate that reads "TWOTOY"...she spent her life as a female racer for BMW and smacks Gixxer1000 riders on the back of the helmet as she smokes'em through the curves...and I've met'em all at one time or another. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150649458 -->

Not to take anything away from the tremedous skillz exhibited here by the GW riders but...14 minute Dragon runs on a wing are awesome but not real great compared to full on sportbikes...and to put it in perspective?...14 minute 11 mile dragon runs means carrying an average speed of just a touch over 45mph...which is about average for a slightly "above average" rider on a sportbike or motard...and the "Who's Who" shortlist of what I would term as "pro level dragon riders" is covering that same 11 miles in 9 minutes and mid-high change...maintaining average speeds of well over 60mph...which would place them not walking or even jogging by these GW riders but "Whisking" by them....a sportbike rider with SOLID above average skills should be able to traverse the dragon in well under the 14 minutes shown here...ironically and conversely?...the vast majority of the sportbike masses that frequent the dragon exhibit far less than average sportbike riding skillz...and they are "Prey" for great riders like Yellow Wolf...who's favorite past time is what the local mountain riders refer to as "SNIPING"...which is basically spanking the hearts out of tourist wannabee sportbikers and doing so while piloting far less powerful/capable bikes...he11...one of the most notorious of'em is an old dude named Bob Harrington...AKA "Big Nose Bob"...AKA "CD" (short for "Canyon Dancer")....who is well over 60 years of age and will smoke 99.99999% of Dragon Tourist riders on his 800cc 48rwhp '91 Honda Pacific Coast..which is sort of an overgrown scooter! LOL!....but the mans smooth as he11....pancakes it through the twisties annnnnd...hardly ever touchs the brakes....back in '02 I seen him snipe and fly by liter classers by the dirty dozens.
laugh.gif
So will an older dude named KDSV (Kerry who rides a highly heated up SV650) and Susan Galpin...who also rides a yellow SV650 witha license plate that reads "TWOTOY"...she spent her life as a female racer for BMW and smacks Gixxer1000 riders on the back of the helmet as she smokes'em through the curves...and I've met'em all at one time or another. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Damn man, now you got me wantin' ta' meet some of these people.

There is a guy up there that you can pay to follow you through the gap and tape you in action. He rides an old goldwing and claims that he can keep up with anyone. From some of the guys that know him, he is right.
cool.gif
That's "Yellow Wolf" you're talking about. I was just there in the 1st week of June and he was drumming up business.... $100.00 for a 3 camera view vid of up to 3 bikes. He's got a front cam,helmet cam, and rear cam... Pretty stable looking vid. He records on a DVD camera and can play music on his CD player so you don't just hear exhaust notes. When the ride is over, "Click"... He pops out the DVD and you're off!!! Really nice guy too...
Later on.....
40__s.gif

Being outridden on a particular piece of road or Track by a local Expert is hardly embarrassing. It should be expected. A visitor riding their bike at the Gap on a similar machine at a similar pace would be incredibly stupid.

I had Canyon roads in Colorado that were "my" roads. Just 30-50 mile stretches of twisties that I had mapped well in my brain. Home Track/road makes a huge difference.

So while these geezers on Goldwings are huge fun to watch, and are riding the heck outta their machines, put em' on an unfamiliar road and you'll see a completely differen't pace.
wink.gif

Wow... makes it look like either that Goldwing has a turbo or a much lighter sportbike with a Goldwing looking rear contraption bolted to the rear of the bike.
biggrin.gif

Either way... that guy can ride extremely well.... awesome

holy shid!!! i skipped this thread a few times cuz i figgerd it was just garbage-but MAN that dude on the Goldwing is killin'em! I never seen anybody work a big bike like that before-i am in awe!

that said-after readin sum posts here bout the guy being an expert for that stretch of road n stuff...i dont care how many times you run the same route, its different every day, even just a few hours can make a difference! Especially with blind corners n hills-you never know who's on the other side, so I give that guy on the goldwing mad props-he's da shiznit!
cool.gif

Being outridden on a particular piece of road or Track by a local Expert is hardly embarrassing.  It should be expected.  A visitor riding their bike at the Gap on a similar machine at a similar pace would be incredibly stupid.  

I had Canyon roads in Colorado that were "my" roads.  Just 30-50 mile stretches of twisties that I had mapped well in my brain.  Home Track/road makes a huge difference.

So while these geezers on Goldwings are huge fun to watch, and are riding the heck outta their machines, put em' on an unfamiliar road and you'll see a completely differen't pace.
wink.gif
+1 on this (no wonder, it was you...all the logical talkin...I didn't see your ID...)
biggrin.gif
(hey, that was great tour up in canada...)
BTW, if you all maped your back yard...like you lookin at your palm, will that make some difference?
they prolly riding up there for more than just few years...just luckly, they live around the gap area, like their own back yard road...if you prefer...he11, I'll be good with one kind of road, for 3 or 4 years to practice? should I be good or bad
rock.gif

Back