Stretching?

tdawg4life

Registered
Im wanting to stretch my 08 4-6" I am wondering if I need a new brake line or not? Saw in a post that I wouldnt if routed right? I am just curious if this is true. If so how would I route it right? Thanks.

I'm going 0-6in. over, I have Galfer SS lines on, I'm going to order one for a 6 over arm.

Well if I can do it without putting stress on the line I would like to go with what I got. But I will get a new one if need be, not a problem. Im thinking it will only take 4" to get the look I want.

Well if I can do it without putting stress on the line I would like to go with what I got. But I will get a new one if need be, not a problem. Im thinking it will only take 4" to get the look I want.

4 over should fit no problem,just wont be dressed real nice,I was 6 over and stocker would reach,looked like sh!t but it reached,I went with a super lite galffer rear brake line made for 6 over, which btw I thought seemed a bit long...4 over would have dressed nicer IMO

Your not actually stretching the brake line. Your just rerouting it, hence making longer by straightening it out. OEM lines work up to 6". Any longer and you need another line.

How much cornering will be lost with a 4" stretch? Or will it be the saame after I get used to it. I want to go 4 over but, like playing in the twisties. Any insite?

Your not actually stretching the brake line. Your just rerouting it, hence making longer by straightening it out. OEM lines work up to 6". Any longer and you need another line.

haha,I was hopeing/assuming that was what would be understood by me saying stretching it. its not a slinky:laugh:

thanks for clearing that up though in case someone may have thought you really could stretch it:thumbsup:

How much cornering will be lost with a 4" stretch? Or will it be the saame after I get used to it. I want to go 4 over but, like playing in the twisties. Any insite?

its obviously gonna be an adjustment for you but it will still corner,hell,I've seen video of some cat on a goldwing dragging a knee around the Dragon,Im convinced anything can corner if you practice enough:laugh:

its obviously gonna be an adjustment for you but it will still corner,hell,I've seen video of some cat on a goldwing dragging a knee around the Dragon,Im convinced anything can corner if you practice enough:laugh:

Thanks. What your take on extensions for a bone stocker?

Guys have them and havent heard of any problems withthem,me I like the full swingarm with an underbrace,heres the one that was on my 02 it is 6 over,gonn get the same one for my 08 but 4 over

thompsonswingarm.com

busa.jpg

ive done a few 6" stretches with OEM lines. Just re-route them. Instead of the line looping forward towards the front of the bike from the mastercylinder flip it around so the line points backwards and presto 6+" more line.

Back