Lose abs with ext swing arm?

Klutch556

Registered
After some digging I found I would have ditch my abs if I put a stretch on the bike. Is that right?
And just how labor intensive would it be adding a 4” swing arm? New chain, sprockets, Suspension spring and ext brake line?

After some digging I found I would have ditch my abs if I put a stretch on the bike. Is that right?
And just how labor intensive would it be adding a 4” swing arm? New chain, sprockets, Suspension spring and ext brake line?
Ditch ABS why? Extend the wiring/make up new parts.
Labour intensive? Whole arm replacement or extensions? Whole arm yes.Cheesy extentions,no.Chain yes,unless you are comfortable with 2 master links.Stiffer suspension,yes. Sprockets,no. Ext brake line,Yes.
Think long and hard my friend.Handling goes out the window.My rear tire spins a little on everything,pavement snakes,man hole covers,cross walk paint,etc. Bike "tracks" on everything too.
Going to drag race it? Cool then.
Just a poser like me? Cool.
I would say for the average rider that still wants to lean it hard in the twisties etc...don't do it.
If you want a Miami Beach show bike,then go all the way with a fat tire kit etc. Not a cheapo jack shaft version either.
Just my 2 cents...and yes,I can make change.
Rubb.

Ditch ABS why? Extend the wiring/make up new parts.
Labour intensive? Whole arm replacement or extensions? Whole arm yes.Cheesy extentions,no.Chain yes,unless you are comfortable with 2 master links.Stiffer suspension,yes. Sprockets,no. Ext brake line,Yes.
Think long and hard my friend.Handling goes out the window.My rear tire spins a little on everything,pavement snakes,man hole covers,cross walk paint,etc. Bike "tracks" on everything too.
Going to drag race it? Cool then.
Just a poser like me? Cool.
I would say for the average rider that still wants to lean it hard in the twisties etc...don't do it.
If you want a Miami Beach show bike,then go all the way with a fat tire kit etc. Not a cheapo jack shaft version either.
Just my 2 cents...and yes,I can make change.
Rubb.
HI. I have had 6 over with a 6,5 inch rim with a 200/50/17 also a 12 0ver with a 8 inch rim and a 240/40/17. I have no trouble in tight back roads. Will I get beat with a good rider on a 600 yes. Will I get beat with a bad rider on a 1000 no. I have been quicker on my 600 than good riders on 1000s. On my 1300cc ZX11 with the 6 over I could stay with anyone, but Dale Quartaley who taught me how to ride at my best. Dale was an AMA superbike rider for Muzzy.

Back