LOWER AND STRETCH

08 BUSA

Registered
I am going to lower and stretch my 08 in a week or so with the extensions, what else is needed chain, brake line etc.???

Yes....all of that!
beerchug.gif

if you are planning to use the stock wheel/rotor/caliper you will need to find a piece to accomodate the stock caliper. On the stock setup it slides into a channel on the inside of the arm... once you stretch it, even with extensions, you won't be able to have it slide into that channel. I hear roaring toys has created a piece to accomodate that, but I havn't seen it. Canadian Mike is working on a piece to work with extended swingarms he sells, but the piece might work for extensions too... not sure.

Also, you'll need to relocate your plate. I'm at 10" over, tire is way past the plate, but I still had to bend the plate forward to keep it from hitting the front part of the tire. I found a cool/cheap side mount plate holder on Ebay for $40.

Many will tell you to redo the rear shock... I didn't lower mine much at all, but I did crank down the dampener 9 clicks (read the owners manual and it tells you about adjusting that). I didn't redo the shock, but my swingarm did come with another "knuckle" (can't remember what the service manual calls it... but the thing that the lowering links and arm attach to... helps accomodate the longer arm/extensions.

Beyond that... hmmm.... I think you go it. Check my earlier post about what I did to get my arm setup... I guess since you're still with the stock arm you won't have to worry about moving the regulator rectifier.

10_over_Busa.jpg

the extensions we make will allow the use of the stock brake bracket. The bracket keys into a boxed in area that prevents it from rotating.. nice and clean..:)

I have it all.. Trees, Links, Extensions,,..even chain and Brake lines..

I just put some on mine too(you would think since I'm the guy that makes em I would have done it long ago, but no,lol.. Just did it up yesterday). Kinda like the painter whose house needs paint,lol..:)

the extensions we make will allow the use of the stock brake bracket. The bracket keys into a boxed in area that prevents it from rotating.. nice and clean..:)

I am using these extensions, and would recomend them highly.
I like the pegs you have where the stock rear spools would go.

Where did you get those from?
The lathe.
Rear pegs are great for drags.

I am using these extensions, and would recomend them highly.
I like the pegs you have where the stock rear spools would go.

Where did you get those from?
The lathe.
Rear pegs are great for drags.
haha, ygpm.

What length did you end up going with for your extensions? is that about 3inches in your pic?

Heres some pics of mine we just did this week..it uses these parts:

Exoticycle Triple Clamp $250
Exoticycle Lowering Links in center hole $50
Ti-Force 4-2-1 Pipe... $1000
Exoticycle Bolton Swingarm extensions..Longer chain and Brake line $375 / Chain $200
a New Shinko tire. $140(Approx guess)
Exoticycle Airshifter... $700

DSC03022.jpg

DSC03038.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03031.JPG

DSC03049.JPG

Back