Need help from serious fellow busa riders! Stretch and lower

GET THE 4 - 6 EXTENSIONS FROM ROARING TOYZ, YOU'LL BE FINE WITH THAT :thumbsup:, THINK ABOUT AIR RIDE?????

Can someone PM me the link to the Soupy's lowering blocks? I'm obviously tarded cause I can't find anything cept for a Kawi 250

As far as spring setup for rear shock what I personally did was first make decision on swingarm length I wanted then talked to Traxxion Dynamics, you also can talk with techs at Race Tech Suspension both are excellent companies to deal with. They will ask questions like rider weight, riding style and suspension setup ie. wheelbase and lowering measurement as well if you plan on having a passenger and will tell you what spring they suggest for your particular suspension.

You can get by with the factory kickstand if you don't lower it all the way. I also recommend you notch out the factory stand as to allow it to fold out further. The stock stands are almost straight out from the bike, and I do not trust them at all. I notched mine and run it lowered no problem. The only problem you will have with the front lowering it is if you plan to ride hard. I had the front lowered, and rear back up one time when I hit the dragon. Well, I left the dragon with a hole in each lower fairing. I kept thinking to myself, "what's that scraping sound". :laugh: Yes, a Busa will corner if you make it! :D

I've run Soupy's as my lowering links for my gsxr as well as my zx14. Having the total control of how to lower/raise is great. I don't think I could ever use any other lowering link. You will definitely need to look into changing out your rear shock/spring, but like the others have said, trail and error. Other option would be air suspension.

For front suspension, you also have the option for Progressive drop in springs (give you a 1" or 2" lower), RoaringToyz or BallZMotorsports has triple trees which will replace the OEM one which will allow the forks to slide upwards (though not the recommended way to properly lower you bike).

Swingarms and extension...don't go by price. Go with a trusted brand. If you are going to purchase from ebay, make sure the parts were from a legit manufacturer.

Please don't buy cheap extensions! I just had a buddy break a pair on his little cbr954!!! IT was scary, luckily nothing happened. Good luck!

I used a Brock's drag racing essentials kit on my 2008. That kit uses a strap to lower the front and extended links to lower the rear. I am lowered about 2". I had Spencer Cycle (who are great folks to work with in North Carolina) rework my stock rear swingarm to have an adjustable 0-6" stretch. I set my stretch at 4.5 inches. I have not changed my plastics underpan to a Tiger Tail. I used a Competition Werkes license plate kit that removes the stock rear fender extension. Please note that when you stretch, you will need a new chain, and an adjustable kickstand. Also note, stretching the length and lowering the bike makes the rear spring rate higher (the bike is stiffer in the back). You can change the spring to soften the ride (I have not done mine). I can run out of clearance in the front on very sharp bumps, but I do not on the back.

Let's see if I can post a couple pics...

Turbo1-L.jpg

Turbo2-L.jpg

Turbo4-L.jpg

Here is a picture of a Brock's upper clamp that allows the fork tubes to be moved up:

Turbo3-L.jpg

Here is pic of the truck, where I keep the water tank and pump for the water fogger, the valve for the boost controller, and PCIII; thus, I could not change out the inner plastic fender:

Turbo5-L.jpg

Now here's the part that makes this bike fun:

Turbo6-L.jpg

Good luck with your project!
Steve

I used a Brock's drag racing essentials kit on my 2008. That kit uses a strap to lower the front and extended links to lower the rear. I am lowered about 2". I had Spencer Cycle (who are great folks to work with in North Carolina) rework my stock rear swingarm to have an adjustable 0-6" stretch. I set my stretch at 4.5 inches. I have not changed my plastics underpan to a Tiger Tail. I used a Competition Werkes license plate kit that removes the stock rear fender extension. Please note that when you stretch, you will need a new chain, and an adjustable kickstand. Also note, stretching the length and lowering the bike makes the rear spring rate higher (the bike is stiffer in the back). You can change the spring to soften the ride (I have not done mine). I can run out of clearance in the front on very sharp bumps, but I do not on the back.

Let's see if I can post a couple pics...

Turbo1-L.jpg

Turbo2-L.jpg

Turbo4-L.jpg

Here is a picture of a Brock's upper clamp that allows the fork tubes to be moved up:

Turbo3-L.jpg

Here is pic of the truck, where I keep the water tank and pump for the water fogger, the valve for the boost controller, and PCIII; thus, I could not change out the inner plastic fender:

Turbo5-L.jpg

Now here's the part that makes this bike fun:

Turbo6-L.jpg

Good luck with your project!
Steve

are you lowered 2 inches in the front? btw...nice bike!!!

Yep, 2" in front with the strap. I really think the bike could use some springs specifically for this purpose. The strap will slip (particularly on big bumps) so you do need to check it.

Yep, 2" in front with the strap. I really think the bike could use some springs specifically for this purpose. The strap will slip (particularly on big bumps) so you do need to check it.

Please don't tell me you ride around with the bike strapped down in the front....

Hey ricanbusa you ever make a move with the lowering kit I'm on the same boat. Thinking of getting soupys kit just wondering if it worked out for you?

havent made the move yet. just got my exhaust and i put it on yesterday. still wondering about this and probably going to go on some bike nights and the track to see what i can find. i can ask here all day long but you really dont know because people are different and have different set ups. what worked for him might not work for me. want to do this right the first time. dont want to mess anything up and probably cost me more in the long run.

I dont know how soon you want to do your bike.. mine is +4 and lowered.. I can post pics when my bike gets back from Powerhouse

I thought those were not supposed to be used for everyday riding. You better pray it doesn't slip in a high speed turn.

Hey buddy,

Here are pictures of my bike (Org/Blk) and my buddy's bike (Blu/Chr) Mine is extended 5" over, lowered 1" in the front and back. The other bike is extended 6 1/2", lowered 1 1/2" in the front and 1" in the back. We both used the Roaring Toyz rear dogbone, and Myrtle West Triple Tree. If you don't want to spend the money to have your stock shock modified, you can always compress the spring to prevent the bike from squatting under heavy load. It will cause the bike to ride a little hard, depending on how much you compress the spring. And another thing, unless you are running down the track I would not recommend using a strap for everyday riding.

IMG_20120420_192618.jpg

Mrytle Beach 2009.jpg

yes! please do and let me know what all you did and how much you lowered it and with what. thanks!

I put a 3/4" Genmar Riser on my bike so it can slip the forks. and Fully adjustable SS dog bones on the rear.. if you look at my Turbo build theres picks up now of the build as well as the lowering link's and the swingarm. I did lower my Wifes R6 like 3" in the rear and she Loves it.

Back