Need help from serious fellow busa riders! Stretch and lower

Ricanbusa787

Registered
I know this has come up a lot and people have different outlooks on this topic, but I need help and please keep it serious and help me with this question. I have researched a lot and cannot find what I'm looking for. I really like the way a busa looks stretched and lowered. I want to know how can I lower and stretch my bike without it rubbing. I have read a lot of yes and no's. this is what I want: stretch my bike and lower it. I'm 6' tall 280# and ride with a passenger maybe once or twice a month. The passenger is 5'6 160#. Can I stretch it and lower it just a little to give it the stretch lowered look with no problems. I want to go 4" stretch and lower it a little. If I stretch 4" the bike goes up on the rear correct? If so can i lower her back down to stock height and keep it from rubbing with a passenger? Any pics of a 4" stretch bike lowered or not lowered would help. I was thinking of going with the roaring toyz extension kit and soupys front and rear lowering kit. Again, I want only 4" and lower her just a little.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just want to cruise I don't do twisties or go fast on corners. Please post pics of similar of what I'm looking for. Thx!!!

You would probably benefit from a stiffer rear spring...Daniel from cloud 9 should be able to answer your questions plus have the necessary parts

Get some Soupy's adjustable links, you can dial in the ride height with a wrench. Get the extensions on and lower it to where ya like the look and sit it, if it rubs to low, if not, take her for a careful test ride to make sure you won't get into the tail over bumps. Do the same with the passenger, you'll find just how low you can be in an afternoon. Maybe mark the links so you know both settings or just set it to be passenger friendly all the time, up to you.
There is also the option of a new shock/spring. It'll be a few bucks, but it'll help get the lowered look ya want with the stretch if the links alone won't get ya low enough for the stance you want.
The tail light/undertail you run will effect it a bit too. I was able to smash a Hotbodies undertail with a 110lbs passenger when I was running a 6in stretch and an 18in rim. It was good for just me, but her 110 was too much. (No, she wasnt worth it)
So, with adjustable links and possibly a new shock you should be able to get the look ya want and still be rideable. Just gonna take a bit of trial and error.

This was about 4.25 over and then the stock lowered

image-226921195.jpg

image-1184943134.jpg

image-3941687663.jpg

Thanks rooster!

Fiend, how much did you lower the bike front and rear after the extensions? What did u do with the license plate? I believe here in Florida the numbers have to read from left to right and be on the back. Not on the side or number going from top to bottom sideways.

I'm going with a Soupy's link set and Roaring Toyz clamp. Lower that bad boy with good parts!

Soupys has a front "block" that looks like a thick triple tree that looks WAY better than the spacers they sell. IMO, the spacers looks ridiculous. No one can even tell that I have the front block on mine unless they know what they are looking at. I have personally owned the R Toyz adjustable links, they are "ok", I currently have soupys extended adjustable links on my bike now. Haven't really ridden my bike much since I put them on, so no real feedback yet on how they are to use. If you lower it 4 inches stretched you will definitely be rubbing when your passenger gets on if not by yourself. You can always stiffen the shock preload, and do a different undertail (tiger racing or equivalent). Good luck with mods!

Yea...the block is the one im getting. I'm thinking about getting the whole kit from ebay. Has the rear adjustable links, front 1in block, and adjustable kick stand. I would just buy the loweing kit but I was told I would need a adjustable kick stand.

The front was lowered about 3/4" and in the pic th rear was the same as before. When you extend it you will have to lower it more. From stock I think it was lowered 2.5" before extending it. I lowered it more later on to get the look I wanted.

As for the tag bracket I had made the home made bracket and bent it further up so it would not rub

Has anyone had issues with lowering the front with the soupys block? Will it hit anything and does it give a 1" drop or can u go like 3/4 or 1/2?

I seen an extended swingarm on eBay..not sure if I can post a link, but are those swingarms ok or are they something to worry about?

So I've been non stop researching and I think i got it. a 6in stretch, lowering with soupys front block and rear adjustables and m4 exhaust. Links to everything is below. I'm gonna go 1" in the front and 1.5 depending on what will work for what I'm looking for.

Suzuki Hayabusa Extended Swingarm Gen1 Gen2 Powdercoated 1999 2012 | eBay

Hayabusa Complete Front Rear lowering Link Links Discount 3pc Kit 2011 2012 New | eBay

2010 2011 11 2012 12 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Clear Rear Galfer Brake Line | eBay

EK 530 ZVX2 Gold x Ring Chain 150 Links Hayabusa R1 ZX | eBay

M4 Exhaust Dual Black Retro Drag Slip Ons Suzuki Hayabusa 1340 2008 2011 | eBay

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :pullhair: my brain is overloading......so the extended arm im looking at is not adjustable at all. its one set length. now im wondering if the extensions from roaring toys is a better decision... what do you all think?

or if anyone can recommend an extension kit with everything needed for the install, ie: chain, brakeline, etc....

Back