LOWER AND STRETCH

Heres some pics of mine we just did this week..it uses these parts:

Exoticycle Triple Clamp $250
Exoticycle Lowering Links in center hole $50
Ti-Force 4-2-1 Pipe... $1000
Exoticycle Bolton Swingarm extensions..Longer chain and Brake line $375 / Chain $200
a New Shinko tire. $140(Approx guess)
Exoticycle Airshifter... $700

snip
what length are you extensions at? Is that 4 inches?

My extensions are set at 4". Any longer and you will take out the tail light. As it is, I had to modify and relocate the rear subframe 1" higher to get sufficent clearance when fully slammed. Good news on the GenII is that the battery box doesn't hit the swing arm in the fully lowered position anymore. Bad news is that the new (very expensive) taillight is trashed if your not careful. Catalyst just came out with the extended street tail, so later this year I will go +8" on the arm

Elganja, got your PM; wish I could help you with a set of rear drag pegs, but I don't have time to get 1/2 of my stuff built up.

busa_rs1.JPG

Mine is at 6 inches or so. It isn't all the way down, the rear link is in the center hole. Im pretty big(300#) and all I had to do was turn the spring adjuster 2 turns(spring needs adjustment anyhow after extending swingarms).. no interference issues so far. Looks good..:):)

i'm at 10" over and no issues with the tail light... just my license plate and that will be fixed with a side mount plate holder. I think the concern of the tail light hitting the tire is overdone.... you can't drop it as low as you might want to, but even dropping it an inch or so and you'll still have clearance. If you want to drop it much more you will need to extend the tail section.

You can sometimes spin the stock brake line around and use it..

be sure to also spin the adjusters on the shock to tighten up the spring due to the length of the new arm, it will be bouncy if you don't..I also mess with the settings so its not a pogostick!!

I would also ad some gear on the back..up at least 2!!

Do you have a Chain Breaker tool, Can be done without one but here is easier with one.

grind the pins off the side plates and pop off the blue stock link with a screwdriver and a hammer!!..

I have heard of people simply adding a section to the chain by adding another master link. What are your thoughts?! I know it works but would it create a problem later on. Not really drag racing or anything. Just cruising.

My extensions are set at 4". Any longer and you will take out the tail light. As it is, I had to modify and relocate the rear subframe 1" higher to get sufficent clearance when fully slammed. Good news on the GenII is that the battery box doesn't hit the swing arm in the fully lowered position anymore. Bad news is that the new (very expensive) taillight is trashed if your not careful. Catalyst just came out with the extended street tail, so later this year I will go +8" on the arm

Elganja, got your PM; wish I could help you with a set of rear drag pegs, but I don't have time to get 1/2 of my stuff built up.

By any chance do you have pics of what you had to do to your subframe? I havent heard of this before. Just wondering because Im about to install my swingarm and want to go as far back as I can without damaging the light and still have the bike slammed. You hear so many different answers on how far you can go back when slammed. Ive heard 4, 5, and even 5.5" over. So at 4 over your not even at 62" are you?

Back