Stretching 08 busa...????

JaviBUSA08

Registered
Ok,

I have never done this to any of my bikes. But I really like the look the busa's have with the Stretched rear. I have never looked into this and was interested in knowing what something like this would cost me to do? If I take it to a shop for example. What am I looking at spending? thanks

It all depends on what kind of swingarm you want and how big of a tire and how far you want to stretch it and so forth. You can get off for just a few hundred bucks or spend over a grand. Depends on what you want.

hey,where did the rest of the thread go,there was like 12 posts to this thread?
rock.gif

I suggest an adjustable 0-6" arm. If you don't like the stretch, then put it back to stock length. I think the 08 Busa's look awesome with a 4" stretch on them.

6 over here

like I said earlier before all the threads were erased?

Thompson race lite swingarm with built in air tank and bottle holder $1200
zzz chrome chain $240
custom chaingaurd made for swingarm by Thompson $170 (i think,may have been $140)
Galffer super lite extended brake line $70

rebuilt/revalved,heavier spring, rear shock to compensate for stretch traxx dynamic $200

so you can see there is a coast more then just buying the swingarm
and if your gonna pay someone to install add another $200

its a totally different ride

side_shot.jpg

6 over here

zzz chrome chain $240
custom chaingaurd made for swingarm by Thompson $170 (i think,may have been $140)

rebuilt/revalved,heavier spring, rear shock to compensate for stretch traxx dynamic $200

Your bike is just plain SICK !!!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

6 over here

zzz chrome chain $240

Your bike is just plain SICK !!!!  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
thanks bro

unfortunately i may be looking to sell it soon,5th kid on the way and the other 4 like to eat everyday,hopefully not!

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

You can take the cash you'll spend on lowering and invest it into suspension and brake upgrades making it ride like a dream or, you can stretch & lower that puppy and make it ride like a turd, but it will look cool!
beerchug.gif

You can take the cash you'll spend on lowering and invest it into suspension and brake upgrades making it ride like a dream or, you can stretch & lower that puppy and make it ride like a turd, but it will look cool!  
beerchug.gif
Some of you guys kill me,i'm lowered and stretched and i have no problems at all.Just because you lower and stretch it doesnt mean it will ride like a turd!Have you actually rode a lowered and stretched bike?If you havnt maybe you should keep your comments to yourself until you can base them on facts.  
rant.gif

The best ride you've experienced is the best ride you know!

I have indeed riden a stretched and lowered busa and it indeed rides like a turd. I also have friends who proudly ride their stretched and lowered busas and on any spirited ride in the back country, they are always bringing up the rear. Simply the nature of the beast!

BOUGHT AN EXTENTION KIT(BRAKE LINE,CHAIN AND BOLT ON EXTENTIONS)FOR AROUND 400 BUCKS ON EBAY.ALSO LOWERED IT AROUND 3 INCHES. I REALY LIKE THE LOOK AND THE RIDE. I DON'T DRAG KNEE I DRAG RACE.IT HANDLES FAR BETTER THAN A TURD.

beerchug.gif
or you can do it the right way and do both,why choose one or the other.yes,it is a totally different ride but i wouldnt go as far to say it wont corner as good as a stock bike,that depends on the rider,hell i seen a link on here,had a guy on a goldwing running the dragon like he was on a 600,dragging a knee and all..rider makes all the compensation you need.and yes,if you take the same rider and put him on a stock bike he will obviously do better,but lowering and stretching doesnt mean you have to "bring up the rear".. you just need more practice my man

I will agree with DD , I stretched & lowered my Busa & it actually rides better than stock.

100_0256.jpg

I'm soo tired of hearing the BS from the twisty crowd about this and that on lowered bikes. BFD, they're bringing up the rear blah blah blah. What'da expect them to be doing? Hanging with you on your 6? Oh, a busa stretched 6" can still rail just as hard if it's not lowered too far. It's all rider.

Plus my extended bike rides much better than a stock wheelbase, that I know.

+1

Like I've said in the past, if you're riding hard enough to notice the difference between a stretched and lowered bike and a 'stock' bike on the street, you probably should be doing it on a track.

All I know is I ride the hell outta my lowered and stretched turd.

Even if you like it just for the look, go for it's your bike.

beforeandafter.jpg

Nice! I really like all the pics you guys posted of your bikes. They look bad a$$. To be honest I like the look of it being stretched. Anyone happen to be from around miami florida and know a good shop I can take my bike to?? Thanks

I have nothing against you fellas that like that long lowered look. Actually I think it looks kinda cool myself. However, for those who think the bike will perform as well as stock has no understanding of the effects of rake, trail, swingarm angle, all of which are all fookered up once it's lowered. Undeniable facts!

Back