Disadvantages to a stretched busa?

Speed King

Banned
I think a busa with a 240 four inch stretch looks the best. I was wondering if there is any disadvantages of a stretched busa????

Ill let you know this spring. I put my 240 6-8 over arm on last fall and didnt get to ride it much before winter. Stand-by...

Ill let you know this spring. I put my 240 6-8 over arm on last fall and didnt get to ride it much before winter. Stand-by...

Aren't you the same that said "Why buy a Busa and turn into something else? Busa's can do alot, but if you need all that to ride it, why buy it?" in the touring busa thread? Seems like a contradiction to me....or do you have something against busa's setup for touring?

I did say that. I think setting up a bike to ones personal taste is great, and touring looks like a great time. That guy just seemed to have to do so much to make it work that another, more task specific bike may have been a better choice.

lol, your sig should be of that turbo busa smoking the tire off at 70:bowdown:

Handling will be the most noticable thing to change. If you just cruise town and highway ride with it, no big loss. I was that way until a friend took me along tearin thru the back roads here. I'm putting mine back to stock height and length before spring. :thumbsup:

Handling is a major issue at intersections and driveways. First off, your turning radius is greatly deminished depending on the length. I had my frame raked 2.5" forward and extended the swingarm 12" to make the overall axle to axle length 72". It rocks going fast and straight, but cornering is a challenge.

tiger_poster9_web.jpg

Guy

Trying to keep the Girls off it. :thumbsup:

Ohhhhh wait you said Disadvantage :whistle:

4" Stretch your not going to loose alot, Mine is 240 with a 6" and I love it.

Having had by bike stretched and lowered for 10k+ miles I would say the following are the advantages:

Crazy quick off the line
Super easy to move around a parking lot (5'6 lower the better :rofl:)
Turned a bunch of heads

The disadvantages to be honest were just about everything else...I guess it was something I grew out of, but that said moving to the mountains was the final killer. If you like to get out and ride the curves it quickly becomes a limiting factor.

Back