Stretch is gone

dolilind

Registered
Well i finally got some time this weekend to get a few winter projects done. First i took the 6"+ stretch off, lifted back to stock in rear and 1/2" drop in front, wow what a different look im still not to sure about this. Second break system has been gone through Galfer rotors, pads, goodrich lines. Next will be a new set of tires.
I never thought that taking a stretch off a bike makes such a big look difference, hopefully the handling will make up for it. As you can tell im not to crazy about the stock bike look HAHA, and i did get really good at riding a lowered streched out bike.
Let you know how it works out. Might have to put the stretch back in it.
The break seem to be good but i think they need some set in time, after bleading them down with a air vac they still seems a little week, but i only put 5 miles on it since the install, maybe they just need time to set in.

PICS

lurk.gif

damn!! n o wonder your trying to adjust,,that isnt just stretched,thats s---t---r---e----t---c----h----e----d-!!

buddies busted up rc51. that im polishing the frame, repairing all the broken Fairings, bent up tank and gonna custom paint.

IMG_0324.JPG

sorry forgot im in indiana now. blasted = going at high rate of speed.

;) its a Md. thing....oringinally from there

I was more thinking it was like taking a mule to a horse track...
laugh.gif
that wheelbase on the dragon would be like riding a trike... I think you should notice a little difference

I was more thinking it was like taking a mule to a horse track...
laugh.gif
  that wheelbase on the dragon would be like riding a trike...   I think you should notice a little difference
not to much like a mule really. ask a few guys that rode with me and my buds. powers probley be a good one
The lowered stretched bike really didnt do so bad, i was kinda of impressed with it, but it does take some big ones to hang it out in the curves and get that far over but it does work.

That would make for a huge difference! You and Ninja Killer are in the same arena now. Looks good.

I had my set up at stock height and decided that I liked it lowered 2 in , So it is now lowered.
beerchug.gif

Uh, looks WAY BETTER!!! I don't understand why people stretch them in the first place. Let me know how the brakes turn out, b/c I just bled my brakes with a mityvac, too.

Back