Stretch 4 - 6 inches with 200 Tire?

gsessons

Registered
Does any one have their Hayabusa stretch 4 - 6 inches with a 200 tire and dropped. If you do does the tire rub and/or do you have pictures.

I don't but it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe the rear fender :dunno: six and lowered.

I don't but it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe the rear fender :dunno: six and lowered.

I read from another post that, it was rubbing when he lowered his bike. I was trying see if anyone else had same issue. Plus would love to see how it will look stretch and lowered with a 200 tire.

If it rubs with a 200 it'll rub with a 190. Not sure exactly what your asking, the difference in size is minimal. You stretch and lower your bike it will rub the stock undertail

If it rubs with a 200 it'll rub with a 190. Not sure exactly what your asking, the difference in size is minimal. You stretch and lower your bike it will rub the stock undertail

I am trying to ask if anyone has any pics of a lowered and stretch bike with a 200 tire on it and to let me know if it rubs. I have a 200 on bike now and it does not rub, but I saw someone say that there 190 tire was rubbing when they lowered it and some people said they did not have issues with rub. So I want to see pics......:laugh:

I am trying to ask if anyone has any pics of a lowered and stretch bike with a 200 tire on it and to let me know if it rubs. I have a 200 on bike now and it does not rub, but I saw someone say that there 190 tire was rubbing when they lowered it and some people said they did not have issues with rub. So I want to see pics......:laugh:

Are you stretched and lowered. If so I'm guessing not by much. What are you worried about it rubbing. This thread still makes no sense. It's going to rub if you lower it enough. If it rubs raise it up.

If I had my bike stretch and lowered why would I ask if it is rubbing.... You just trying to make people look dumb or something. Read my post before you keep saying "stuff not making sense." No my bike is not dropped it is at stock, I was wondering if it would rub if I stretch it and lower it.

If I had my bike stretch and lowered why would I ask if it is rubbing.... You just trying to make people look dumb or something. Read my post before you keep saying "stuff not making sense." No my bike is not dropped it is at stock, I was wondering if it would rub if I stretch it and lower it.

Mine is lowered and streched with a 200 tire.

ForumRunner_20130201_143142.png

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20130201_143142.png

@Lycan6 I think you was the one having issue with your 200 tire. Is that correct. Did you ever fix the problem and go with the 200 tire?

I'm not trying to make you look dumb. Whether it rubs or not depends vastly on how the bike is setup, you can run a 360 if you want and it not rub. If you just want pics it's cool but seemed like you wanted advice at first.

You're posts are hard to interpret to me.

Will it rub? Yes if your low enough. if it does raise it back up, I don't see what you're asking. If your asking specific heights you could get specific answers

I'm not trying to make you look dumb. Whether it rubs or not depends vastly on how the bike is setup, you can run a 360 if you want and it not rub. If you just want pics it's cool but seemed like you wanted advice at first.

You're posts are hard to interpret to me.

Will it rub? Yes if your low enough. if it does raise it back up, I don't see what you're asking. If your asking specific heights you could get specific answers

No big deal Bro.... :coolcool:

The 200 tire isn't gonna rub on the chain. At six inches and lowered you might have to delete the shovel.

I'm in the process of stretching and lowering my bike now with a fixed 6" over swingarm and adjustable lowering links and a lot of other miscalaneous upgrades including 200 tire:cheerleader:. I have friends that have similar set ups and none of their bikes scrub and if they may have at first they just raised the bike up a little or had to change out the undertail (another upgrade in which I am making). I've heard of scrubbing but only in the case of the bike being too low or the undertail being stock and needing to be swapped for an undertail that has a higher clearance and no shovel aka mud flap. :thumbsup:

Biggest thing no matter what tire size you go with if you stretch your wheelbase make sure you upgrade your rear shock spring to compensate for it. Stock spring on a Gen 1 is setup for a 185 lb roughly rider size. Longer you go the more leverage the swingarm has so the stiffer the spring you have to go with. I only have a 190 rear tire but would have no problems running a 200 if I choose to, here is a pic of my Gen 1 stretched just over 5", with stretch, lowered 1 1/2" and with my weight being around 230 lbs I needed close to 1000 lb/in spring rate for my setup.

Busa Stretch.jpg

Busa Stretch.jpg

Back