Street - Full gear, or half gear???

Riding gear street

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Half gear? ATGATT. Jeans are cotton, even heavy reinforced jeans, are just denim cotton! They shred like tissue paper on pavement. On the hottest of days I'll wear jeans (over) hard shell knee and shin guards. On the coldest of days I wear jeans under my Cortech armored overpants. Otherwise I wear armored leather pants but I ALWAYS wear protection for my knees and legs.
I had on Draggin jeans when I lowsided at about 55mph. I was impressed by the protection they provided. Here was the only spot on my legs that got hurt. All in all, they are not leather, but did their job.:thumbsup:

IMG00302.jpg

when Im commuting to work I wear Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Jeans and my Doc's...When riding around for fun...Full Gear...

Bermuda shorts,flip flops, and no helmet for me.....k ok ok im kidding
leather jacket unless its over 85 outside, jeans always, boots always...gloves if its cold
helmet 1/2 and 1/2 depends on where im riding

Leather pants, leather coat, over-the wrist gloves, gp moto boots and a lid. Almost all the time. Just not worth it, especially with what I've seen on the web.

Half gear? ATGATT. Jeans are cotton, even heavy reinforced jeans, are just denim cotton! They shred like tissue paper on pavement. On the hottest of days I'll wear jeans (over) hard shell knee and shin guards. On the coldest of days I wear jeans under my Cortech armored overpants. Otherwise I wear armored leather pants but I ALWAYS wear protection for my knees and legs.

Icon leg armor under my riding jeans.;)

I'm sorry, but as person who has had icon gear, I would never wear it. Most of the stuff is crappy quality and most of the stuff is made for huge football players-but for some reason isn't long enough- so it looks like you're wearing a mid-drift.

I only wear full leathers on the track.

Street: Jacket, Gloves, Full faced helmet and boots 100% of the time. Icon field armor or Bohn armored pants and Icon Field Armor back protector 85% of the time.

To me, wearing all of my street gear is full gear.

Always wear
helmet
gloves
jacket
regular boots
jeans

the above is just for running around town to pick up something or shoot over to see friend . but when i go out for the specific purpose of riding only Im in my alpinestars rc1 one piece with sidi vertigo airs.

1/2 all the time.

Full face helmet
Riding Jacket
Riding Gloves
Magnum Viper 8" boots

I'm still trying to decide on which pair of Draggin' Jeans I want.

Last edited:
For commuting to work, half gear:
  • Helmet
  • Jacket
  • Gloves
  • Shift Motorcycle Shoes
  • Levis
For a jaunt through the backroads, full gear:
  • Helmet
  • Jacket
  • Gloves
  • Motorcycle Boots
  • Motorcyle Pants
D

I always have a protective jacket of some kind on and full helmet with gloves,

I will admit I did ride to a movie last summer with shorts and a t-shirt on???

Theater is only like 2-miles away at that, BUT before you flame me, my little sister saw me on the road and lets just say she left me a very convincing vouce mail once I was at the theater.

Even since our mother died we chose to stick together me, her, and my niece,
She wasn't happy I wasn't "better" protected...

I'll never do that again.

She wasn't happy I wasn't "better" protected...

I'll never do that again.

I'll be honest with you to, I ride full gear now, but I didn't always. I used to ride around with a Bandana, a pair of jeans and a wife beater. Real stupid and I'm lucky nothing ever happened to me.

I ride around full gear for my family and my wife.

At the track, full leathers, helmet, gp gloves, gp boots, back brace.

Hard street riding... same

Normal street riding, which is most of the time, Helmet, leather or textile jacket, gloves, jeans and icon boots

If I'm going 1 mile down the road and its 100 degrees. what ever i have on and sometimes not even a helmet. If I don't plan on going over 45

I'd wear less than full gear riding local streets about as much as I disable the airbags in the car when I'm just cruising around the neighborhood.

So basically, never.

Back