Street - Full gear, or half gear???

Riding gear street

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I know, another riding gear poll.:whistle:

I notice on Suzuki's web site, marketing the Busa as a sport tourer, their pictures show 1/2 gear, rider wears jeans and normal riding boots.

So, when riding the street, how many of you wear full leathers with racing boots and how many wear 1/2 gear as shown below?

GSX1300RC%20A.jpg

Last edited:
The rider pictured is wearing leather motorcycle boots, so that's really 3/4 gear. Which is what I do most of the time. But I also have draggin jeans I wear so that's really more like 7/8 gear :)

My normal is jeans, jacket, gloves and over the ankle boots with a lid of course.

I am usually lime the guy I'm the picture. My jeans are by icon and heavier than regular jeans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Full faced helmet, leather riding jacket, jeans (regular), Kevlar reinforced riding chaps for long rides, leather (low top) shoes, tennies around town. I've been searching for full on gear for awhile and won't ride aggressive until that time comes.

I thought Helmet, gloves, jacket, Moto jeans with pads and boots was full gear for the street (what I wear along with ICON Armor) and that full leathers was full gear for the track?

Half gear? ATGATT. Jeans are cotton, even heavy reinforced jeans, are just denim cotton! They shred like tissue paper on pavement. On the hottest of days I'll wear jeans (over) hard shell knee and shin guards. On the coldest of days I wear jeans under my Cortech armored overpants. Otherwise I wear armored leather pants but I ALWAYS wear protection for my knees and legs.

Any time i ride my 1000 i wear full gear, even on the street because it is pretty much on the gas the whole time, here lately breaking in the new bike its been full gear also because been riding quite a few miles at a time without the girlfriend so been riding it pretty hard also, but when me and the GF just cruising around, both with jackets, boots, helmets and gloves.

Textile or leather, but always full gear.

Hitting the pavement in either hurts. It would be much worse with little to no extra protection. It's about mitigating risk.

Jeans, leather jacket riding shoes and helmet, full riding gear about 10% of the time.

Leather jacket, lid, gloves, and jeans. Aside from full day riding, I can't say I would be inclined to wear riding pants. And statistically speaking, there's a better chance that I will wreck on my way to work, so....... jeans will have to suffice.

jacket, gloves, helmet, riding boots here. I would were under armor pants or "joe rocket steal jeans" just haven't gotten the money togther.

Leather jacket, lid, gloves, and jeans. Aside from full day riding, I can't say I would be inclined to wear riding pants. And statistically speaking, there's a better chance that I will wreck on my way to work, so....... jeans will have to suffice.

Jeans are made of cotton, have you heard? If "jeans will have to suffice" just make sure not to land on your knees then. Its very easy to do once launched off a moving motorcycle...just land on that big imaginary soft pillow on all the roads we ride...:whistle:

Back