Stolen Busa....

UGH I can't for the life of me understand why people feel like they can just take things that don't belong to them. That sux big time.

Thanks for all the comments org Fam. I'm really hoping insurance doesn't mess me up too. Still waiting for their call. I had about $1500 so far in accesories and state farm agent had told me back then to keeps reciepts and take pics of the bike with the accesories and they may cover them. Bought the 08 bike last year brand new for $9000 on a sweet deal from a dealer in Ohio so I'm really hoping I could get at least about that much with depriciation and accessories

Don't mention anything about depreciation to the adjuster, quote the adjuster MSRP and the price you paid for the bike only. I have State Farm here in TX and though I didn't get paid for the micron exhaust I had on it my total pay out was exactly what I paid for the bike.

thats straight up sux. i had a bike stolen from me a few years ago and it still stings everytime i see a TLR ride by. hope its recovered with min or no damage and the ins co does right by you

Dude I live in Laurel, what the... that really sucks. I think I'm going to lock my bike up tonight and unlock my gun locker. My best friends sis in-law is a cop that works laurel/beltsville. I'll see if she can get some info.

that bites, sorry brotha, maybe they wont recover it (sorry but you prob wouldnt want it back) and you can get a 2011 when they hit the streets...

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let us know how state farm handles it. For there are a few of us on here that have them as well.

I had State Farm when my SV got ripped. They didn't pay me anything extra for the accessories, even though I had receipts and pictures to prove I had bought them. They took a depreciated value of the bike according to what local people were selling them for, which was less than I would have sold it for. I fought for two months trying to get SF to pay for my accessories... It never happened. I'm glad that I paid for gap insurance, because I was upside down in the loan (owed more than it was worth).

I'm very sorry to hear of this. I wish you well, but I can understand you almost not wanting it back. There's no telling what's been done to it.

My first bike was stolen right out of my parent's garage(the garage door was open) and I never did get it back or find out who took it. It's a very frustrating experience and you do feel violated.

The good news is I replaced my stolen bike with one I liked even better. I hope your outcome is as good.

My 'Busa got stolen today in Laurel, MD. Folly minded idiots...God have mercy on them.

Gotta hand it to you for being level headed about the whole thing. Reading your signature and seeing this post no question in my mind you got the right out look on this situation. Thieves just about always make their own beds so-to-speak, some sooner then others. Hopefully they get caught or have a change of heart before anyone else is effected.

:beerchug:BEST OF LUCK:beerchug: with the insurance!

Sorry you got your bike stolen. Guys if you have your bikes outside, please chain them to an immovable object to make it harder for these low lifes to steal your baby.Covers, disc locks and alarms will stop many but it is not enough for the determined. Three or four thieves can pick up a bike and slide it into a truck or van and be gone in seconds.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Regardless of how I really hope the end results work in your favour!

Now you I'd vote for!:::thumbsup:

Most bikes stollen in this way is usually someone close by. Prey you find it and hope if they are caught someone shoots them dead:rulez:

Back