Stock 2011 Zx10r pulls 165hp on Dyno at Blais

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Yep you read it right.
Nowhere near the mythical HP everybody is claiming or dreaming of.

165hp stock...
85ea80d6.jpg

317dfd71.jpg

They installed an Akro 'half pipe' which removed this 12lb doozeamawhicky....
This added 6hp across the range and 3hp addtl on the top.
6f199367.jpg

At this moment Dynojet doesnt make a Pc for it yet so this is about all they can do for it.
So it seems it has a looooooooooooong way to go before it gets anywhere near 200hp !

What kind of numbers do the BMWs put out on that dyno? It's too bad that the stateside zx10r has been very disapointing. Kawi should have found away to offer the euro lvl of performance to us. Maybe with a race mode switch or something.

wooooooooowwwwww... lol

i wonder how far off the AFR was with the setup.... and how much they can squeeze out of it...

BMW is the one to beat according to all the test over here! I tried the new BMW and the KTM....both wicked but I still love my Busa better!

I need to print this out and keep a few copies on my bike so when somebody starts shooting off at the mouth a I can shut them down :laugh:

Wow... good to know... I was under the impression they put down a bit more than that...

Though I would be curious to see an actual third party dyno run on one of those new beemers... See if they live up to the hype, too...

They will email the Dyno sheet sometime soon .
I also asked if they had had a Bimmer on the Dyno yet and they said yes !
Also gonna try to send me that one as well.

The Kawasaki is just restricted - give the aftermarket some time and it will prove itself. Watch this derestricted ZX-10R just motor past the BMW on the top end then, look at the MPH then tell me it has just 165hp.

I think there is more in the engine than that, once it can be tuned.

- 2011 ZX10r Vs BMW S1000RR[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kawasaki is just restricted - give the aftermarket some time and it will prove itself. Watch this derestricted ZX-10R just motor past the BMW on the top end then, look at the MPH then tell me it has just 165hp.

I think there is more in the engine than that, once it can be tuned.

- 2011 ZX10r Vs BMW S1000RR[/url]

That's a cool race. Read the comments and you'll see that was a setup meet for these two. Also on YouTube is this race...
- Bmw S1000r beats 2011 ZX10r[/url]
Which seems to be another one of the three races they had.
Things like this are very subjective anyway. Only way I'll be happy is to see Vale do ten laps on each on the same track. The best laps would show the best bike , right? One professional riding both bikes would be more accurate wouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The end of that video says that the ZX-10R has a PCV. Either this video is bogus or there are some wires crossed on what is availabel for the ZX-10R.

Blanca, you said in a prebious post that PC has nothing available for it yet. Is there or is there not a Fuel Controller available for the ZX-10R?

dynojets website says its number 17-028, and it looks like you can buy it directly from dynojet... but so far i havent found them anywhere else online... weird...

edit: i found one website that said they had limited supplies of them, but they seem hard to come by actually...

The end of that video says that the ZX-10R has a PCV. Either this video is bogus or there are some wires crossed on what is availabel for the ZX-10R.

Blanca, you said in a prebious post that PC has nothing available for it yet. Is there or is there not a Fuel Controller available for the ZX-10R?

Blais said they were not available yet. They are old fashioned and most likely deal with only one or two suppliers. Not the google pros we are :)

i'm disappointed that the 3 busas behind them didn't give chase, lol.

Ryan Schnitz said he dynoed a new zx10..Someone asked him what the hp was..He said it put out bmw horsepower..

Back