stickiest street tire available for the Gen 2

Well, I get the sweetest take- off's from the track for free, and have been using them for about three years now and have had no problems on or off track with them. :super:

It's truly a great privilege and perk to get a tire with 2 races on it slapped on the Busa for nothing.:laugh:

I may only get 500- 800 miles out of them on the street , but as I stated they are free. :oldcool:

You guys can buy them off me for 20 bucks each plus shipping. :exclamation:

The Q2s are still the best street tire made on the planet. If you lowside on the street on a Q2 you were doing something seriously wrong. I run 40 rear and 32 front on the BKing with my 300lb wieght. The tires stick like glue from the second I fire the engine. I take 110mph sweepers on I-75 that scare the piss out of me BUT the bike is rock solid the whole time. Q2s rock and are always on sale somewhere.

The Q2s are still the best street tire made on the planet. If you lowside on the street on a Q2 you were doing something seriously wrong. I run 40 rear and 32 front on the BKing with my 300lb wieght. The tires stick like glue from the second I fire the engine. I take 110mph sweepers on I-75 that scare the piss out of me BUT the bike is rock solid the whole time. Q2s rock and are always on sale somewhere.

I agree with you on Q2 performance.

However, I think you would be well served to add a couple pounds to your front. Especially during those hot summer days in Florida. If it were me, I think I'd even drop a couple pounds in the rear (Cold of course).

Questions; I weigh 160 , what tire psi do you recommend for hard street riding. Does the lower psi cause the cupping?

Little differant but, Shinko sticky tires for drag racing are also good on the road racing track. Used a 003 shinko for a full day at the track and it did well.

ShinkoProET.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a cheapo Shinko.

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

popcrn.gif

Back