stock tires

iceman1000

Registered
How well are the stock tires rated in cornering? I have the bridgestone battlax tires.
what are you guys running for air pressure?
whats a good tire replacement when these stock ones are done? looking for a good cornering tire

The stock tires will likely lean over farther then most riders have talent for.
Run suggested manufacturers psi.
I've been running the Power Supersport's and loving them.

The stock tires will likely lean over farther then most riders have talent for.
Run suggested manufacturers psi.
I've been running the Power Supersport's and loving them.

On my 2nd set of Power Supersports,got 5200 miles out of the last set(rear down to the wear bars,front still plenty left but I replaced as a set).Went with a 200/55 rear this time just for the hell of it.:laugh:

NewMichelins1-9-2015001_zpsca83d09b.jpg

200-55%20Rear%20Tire%205-30-2015%20004_zps42fymu9d.jpg

Would take a hell of a lean to get rid of that big chicken strip,way more than what's left on the front.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them a lot,ran the Power Ones until they replaced them with the Power Supersports(and I only go through a set about every 2 years so don't mind paying a little extra for some good shoes).:thumbsup:

I thought the stock tires were squirrelly when they ran through water. Even a sprinkler.

I like them a lot,ran the Power Ones until they replaced them with the Power Supersports(and I only go through a set about every 2 years so don't mind paying a little extra for some good shoes).:thumbsup:

So now you've had them on for a while give us an update! Would you now go with a 190 55 or a 200 50 or stick with the 200 55? Hey inquiring minds need to know!!!!???

Hard to say bro,only thing for sure is the taller tire changed my gearing(running 18/44 and now is probably equal to the OEM 18/43).I'll probably go back to a 190/50 next set just because of the lesser tire wt.,although the 200 does look good.:laugh:

Stock is great if temps are in the mid 60 s or warmer .
But they are slick as snot in wet or cold conditions .
Tar snakes will wake u up

Hard to say bro,
only thing for sure is the taller tire changed my gearing
(running 18/44 and now is probably equal to the OEM 18/43).

I'll probably go back to a 190/50 next set just because of the lesser tire wt.,
although the 200 does look good.

:laugh:

They worked really well on Ortega highway . . .

I would never go back to a 50 series !

That's just my two cents .

Red, *<(:{)-

Depending on how hard you are going to ride, let some air out of them to warm them up and give them more grip.... 35-36 seems to be a pretty good number for me...

Back