stickiest street tire available for the Gen 2

SCBQQSTN

Registered
I have browsed quite a few tires threads and can't seem to find a good answer, I am currently running the MPP 2ct and although these tires are a good improvement from stock, it is not giving me the confidence I want in the corners. What is the best tire out there for corner carving street use? I have no intentions of tracking the bike, I just want the stickiest street tire possible to ride the corners in. I don't do long rides so treadlife is not important. I have heard good things about the Battlax S20, any other recommendations guys?

I have more confidence riding the corners in my full size Harley Electra Glide with the Pirelli Night Dragon tires than the busa w/2ct

Thanks

Not sure where this is coming from, but Team Gixxer ran probably 20 Q2 sets this season. We ran 4 sets of S20s and agree that the Q2 is a better performing tire.

If you're happy with 1000 miles before they are cupped :)

I'll go back to my horrible body position picture that shows how sticky this tire is in the corners. Check out the inside frame slider in relation to the ground. Got Grip?

Photo1-2.jpg

Not sure where this is coming from, but Team Gixxer ran probably 20 Q2 sets this season. We ran 4 sets of S20s and agree that the Q2 is a better performing tire.

I'll go back to my horrible body position picture that shows how sticky this tire is in the corners. Check out the inside frame slider in relation to the ground. Got Grip?

Photo1-2.jpg

You ran them on Hayabusas or gsx-R's? I'm sure the opinion from one bike to the other would vary a bit :dunno:

Heard great things about the Q2, but never tried them. I ran a set of S20's and I could not imagine needing anything with more grip on the street. Ran hundreds of miles thru the mountains at speeds I should have not been going without 1 hiccup. I even did one mountain trip in the rain. I got about 4k out of the rear and it was completly shredded. The front I'm having changed tomorrow. I got about 6k out of it and there is some tread left, but its cupped bad.

Had more than one set on the Busa, but not near as many on it as on the GSXRs. Ham fisted operation on the Busa or the GSXR is about the same, but you are right...the Busa is a good bit chunkier.

You ran them on Hayabusas or gsx-R's? I'm sure the opinion from one bike to the other would vary a bit :dunno:

Had more than one set on the Busa, but not near as many on it as on the GSXRs. Ham fisted operation on the Busa or the GSXR is about the same, but you are right...the Busa is a good bit chunkier.

I would also assume it would be safe to say you gents throw the gixxers around barber a bit more...:whistle:
Jealous I am...

Not saying they aren't sticky - just saying that Dunlops cup quick.

It sounded like OP was asking for grip over wear...Tiller ran both Q2's and S20's on his gixxer on the track, ended up coming back to the Q2.

I haven't seen any problems at all with the Q2's.

This tire is definitely big bike friendly, and they feel great. Here's my most recent rear tire on the big Ninja. I'm not getting to the lean angles of some of these guys, but between the 14R's huge horsepower and my big butt, I'm pretty impressed. :thumbsup:

230818_10101081849426965_240112626_n.jpg

This tire is definitely big bike friendly, and they feel great. Here's my most recent rear tire on the big Ninja. I'm not getting to the lean angles of some of these guys, but between the 14R's huge horsepower and my big butt, I'm pretty impressed. :thumbsup:

I'd say you got the angle:whistle:

That's impressive! haha

Yeah I have heard great things about the Q2, I know it's a relatively dated tire and am just wondering if there are anything better out there such as the BT016 or S20, however the majority of you are siding with the Q2 so that may be the direction I take. It seems anything is a step up from my current 2ct... not knocking the tire, it just doesn't feel confident around corners at all.

Looks like to me you are doing just fine :laugh:

That's impressive! haha

Yeah I have heard great things about the Q2, I know it's a relatively dated tire and am just wondering if there are anything better out there such as the BT016 or S20, however the majority of you are siding with the Q2 so that may be the direction I take. It seems anything is a step up from my current 2ct... not knocking the tire, it just doesn't feel confident around corners at all.

Are you doing sugar loaf?

I have browsed quite a few tires threads and can't seem to find a good answer, I am currently running the MPP 2ct and although these tires are a good improvement from stock, it is not giving me the confidence I want in the corners. What is the best tire out there for corner carving street use? I have no intentions of tracking the bike, I just want the stickiest street tire possible to ride the corners in. I don't do long rides so treadlife is not important. I have heard good things about the Battlax S20, any other recommendations guys?

I have more confidence riding the corners in my full size Harley Electra Glide with the Pirelli Night Dragon tires than the busa w/2ct

Thanks

You have other issues bud.
Michelin PP2CT's are all I have been running on my GENII for 25K miles. I have scraped pegs and even the brake lever on the Dragon. Now that I learned a little more about body postion I drag knees and my Micheline PP's have never let me down.

Back