Staying with the Bridgestones again.

BIKE DUDE

Donating Member
Registered
Just under fifteen thousand miles on my 08 and time for the forth set of tires. I got almost 6000 out of the original BT015 set,which is kind of a lot I hear, and then switched to a set of the BT016's which got me about 4000 miles(the front tire totally wore out the sides or the shoulder and died before the rear did) maybe a defective front tire????I don't know but the rear was just about ready to be changed again too so then I went to a set of the BT016 Pro's and got a little less than 4000 out of them but at least they both wore evenly. I'm not complaining about mileage or anything. I don't do any burnouts or a lot of wheelies but I do love the corners so corner grip is probably the most important to me. I'm sure there are all kinds of opinions out there of what is good and what is better but I decided to again stay with the Bridgestone tires and try the relatively new S20. I almost went with another set of the 016 pro's which I can almost always find a deal on somewhere but the S20's offer a 200/50/ZR17 rear tire size option so I'm gonna go with that rear with the stock size front and they were only about 20 bucks more than the 016 pro's. Anybody else trying the newer S20's yet. Are they much different than the 016's or 016 pro. Bridgestones site says there have better grip in the wet but I try not to ride in the wet so that doesn't matter much to me but.....just wondering if anyone is riding on a set of them and how they compare to the 016's and 016 pro's when you have the bike at full lean.

I can't tell you how they compare to the 16's cause I haven't ridden on those but I have a set on right now with close to 8,000KM (5,000mi) ish and they are at maybe 50%. I ride all year found in the wet and the cold and on the rare occasion below freezing and dry. the grip is very confidence inspiring even wet and cold. the shoulder grip is acceptional and they seem to last forever. I put a set on the wife's Katana at the same time, she has maybe 6,000 KM on here and they look brand new. I can honestly say I will be buying another set of them when these finally do wear out.

I need to stop riding like a pansy, because I usually get around 10,000 miles out of my tires.

Since you have calculated so many miles on those tires and the bikes stock tires aren't that bad, I'm going to stick with them. It's easy to stick with something that works versus experimenting with $200-$400.

Just under fifteen thousand miles on my 08 and time for the forth set of tires. I got almost 6000 out of the original BT015 set,which is kind of a lot I hear, and then switched to a set of the BT016's which got me about 4000 miles(the front tire totally wore out the sides or the shoulder and died before the rear did) maybe a defective front tire????I don't know but the rear was just about ready to be changed again too so then I went to a set of the BT016 Pro's and got a little less than 4000 out of them but at least they both wore evenly. I'm not complaining about mileage or anything. I don't do any burnouts or a lot of wheelies but I do love the corners so corner grip is probably the most important to me. I'm sure there are all kinds of opinions out there of what is good and what is better but I decided to again stay with the Bridgestone tires and try the relatively new S20. I almost went with another set of the 016 pro's which I can almost always find a deal on somewhere but the S20's offer a 200/50/ZR17 rear tire size option so I'm gonna go with that rear with the stock size front and they were only about 20 bucks more than the 016 pro's. Anybody else trying the newer S20's yet. Are they much different than the 016's or 016 pro. Bridgestones site says there have better grip in the wet but I try not to ride in the wet so that doesn't matter much to me but.....just wondering if anyone is riding on a set of them and how they compare to the 016's and 016 pro's when you have the bike at full lean.

Curious as to why you went with a 200 rear? Looks? I liked my stock tires, but not enough to continue to use them. I currently ride on Pirelli Angel GT's and have had a very good experience w/them. Grip when I need it, confidence in the wet, predictability and very good milage, 9500 and looking to replace. These will be my 4th set of Pirelli's.

Yea I went with the 200/50 rear just for a change to try something new. Ten mm fatter in the rear should look cool but not slow down the turn in too much. I'd almost even bet that the difference between the 190 and the 200 won't even be 10 mm in real life.You never know till you try it. Besides,some of the new litter bikes are coming stock with a 200 now if I'm not mistaken??

Ok, so here is my take on living in a bigger city vs the quieter areas.

my 09 would chew up a pilot power in about 4000 kms tops. And thats being generous. Many high speed runs, top speed limiter and such.

Once I moved to Vancouver, I would get 6000+ kms on the same tire. So to me, riding style and geographic location has a lot to do with it. Also temps. Back on the east coast, summers are very hot! More traveling, camping and such. Here in Van, not so much.

Moved to Bridgestone S20's on my last tyre change and will never go back to BT015's.Dual compound tyre that really works well on full lean full power corners with lots of front end feel.Have done 2500 miles on this set and wear rates are good.BT015's did not do well in South African summer heat and were very prone to gumball when driven hard, especially two up.

Last edited:
Back