34 PM Eastern Standard Time, Sanddollars04 writes:
Subject: STARBUCKS COFFEE REFUSE MARINES

I have been drinking commie coffee and did not know it! Have
you? Just cause you don't agree with the war, doesn't mean we shouldn't
support our folks for doing their job!

STARBUCKS COFFEE
Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted
to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that
they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their
support in their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor
anyone in it , and that they would not send the troops their brand of
coffee. So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support them by
buying any of their products. As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I
feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be
very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support
the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house
for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
discard it and no one will ever know. Thanks very much for your support of me, and I know
you'll all be there again when I deploy once more. "Semper Fidelis."

Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

Before believing and spreading stuff like that, try putting the first sentence into google.

"Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because"

First hit come from:
truthorfiction.com
Urban Legends
hoaxbusters
starbuckgossip
ihatestarbucks

This doesn't pass the sniff check.... When I read these, the first thing I notice is that Starbucks "told the Marines" this implies two things:
1. The term Marines in this case connotates the Corps as a whole (in my reading) and a response to the Marine COrps wouldnot have been sent to this Sgt or any other individual Marine.
2. I find it had to believe that Starbucks would allow itself to fall into such a public relations nightmare; thier response would have been something, anything other than "we don't support the war".

Stuff like this is very successful in riling up the troops because they are already irritated by the lack of support (both real and percieved) as well as the condition in which they operate; something like this is easy to float, however, these things have to be checked out -
Excuse me now, I need to go check on this one.... thanks to who ever posted the previous links....

Before believing and spreading stuff like that, try putting the first sentence into google.

First hit come from:
truthorfiction.com
Urban Legends
hoaxbusters
starbuckgossip
ihatestarbucks
Good words of wisdom Turbo, but unfortunately I fail to question a message sent from a comrade in arms. (not referring to the author of the original message). Just offering what I received...

We can't expect everyone in America to support the war. It would be nice, but since were a free country it aint gonna happen.

Big deal, so the Marines have to drink non-starbucks coffee, big woop.

might be real....

might be a hoax....

why in the frick would you want with hot coffee in the middle of the freakin' desert
rock.gif

I'm poor,so I dont spend 4 bucks a cup on their crummy coffee anyway.
wow.gif

I believe that this same hoax was started and disproved last year. I'll do some research and try to find the details. It follows the same hoax as the Tommy Hilfiger(sp) story.

According to www.snopes.com, it was a hoax last year. Besides RSD, I don't know about the Marines in this group, but I know when I was in the SeaBee's I used to stand out on the field in Mississippi summer and drink several cups a day. We're not all known for our brilliance.
laugh.gif

Dan

It might be more believable if it were about Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: "zzz"|1139072974 -->

According to www.snopes.com, it was a hoax last year.  Besides RSD, I don't know about the Marines in this group, but I know when I was in the SeaBee's I used to stand out on the field in Mississippi summer and drink several cups a day.  We're not all known for our brilliance.  
laugh.gif

Dan
that true ?

Actually,I dont know if its more urban legend or not, but someone once told me you can help cool yer body temp by drinking hot beveridges
rock.gif

true or hoax....what do ya think Tennbusa?

First hit come from:
truthorfiction.com
Urban Legends
hoaxbusters
starbuckgossip
ihatestarbucks
Good words of wisdom Turbo, but unfortunately I fail to question a message sent from a comrade in arms. (not referring to the author of the original message). Just offering what I received...
my folks send me stuff all the time that they don't know isn't real. just because it comes from them doesn't make it legit.

it's from 2004

but I downloaded a $250 cookie recipe from that satanic Protor and Gamble group and got $1000 from Bill Gates for forwarding it to his son Timmy, who is dieing from bordem

Hell I'm in Kuwait right now and believe it or not there is a Starbucks trailor in Arifjan

First hit come from:
truthorfiction.com
Urban Legends
hoaxbusters
starbuckgossip
ihatestarbucks
my folks send me stuff all the time that they don't know isn't real.  just because it comes from them doesn't make it legit.

it's from 2004

but I downloaded a $250 cookie recipe from that satanic Protor and Gamble group and got $1000 from Bill Gates for forwarding it to his son Timmy, who is dieing from bordem
Hey, WWJD -
Man, I know what you mean. I have a friend who is a lawyer and there is no way this is phoney. It's like when Ford had that class action lawsuit against Coke and PEPSI CO for holding money in a Nigerian bank...nobody would have know except for the people in the states who were getting rich just for forking over all the thier bank info..... I read it in an email...It must be true!

why in the frick would you want with hot coffee in the middle of the freakin' desert[/QUOTE]

Don't you remember when your parents used to buy this brand?
turban.gif

coffee.jpg

Back