Coffee heaven, or at least pretty darn good.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK, So the move to Seattle required a shift from Energy drinks back to coffee. It's almost something that must be done in the NW. I dunno why but it's all about the Coffee up here.

Anyway, the wife and I just don't drink enough coffee to justify actually brewing pots at a time, we generally only go through maybe two or three cups at a time so we really never made coffee before because of all the waste, OR we were stopping by Starbucks every morning. $7 a day or so adds up in a hurry.

So we Got the Flavia Fusion Coffee maker. It uses individual foil packets that allow you to switch from tea's to coffee's without any sort of cleaning needed in between, it's always clean. The coffees and teas cost about .50 each and are wonderful. The down side is that you have to use Flavia's coffees and teas. No the end of the world seeing as they are really good stuff and reasonably priced, but I don't like not having other options.

Anyway, $100 for the coffee maker itself and the convenience of having a fresh hot cup whenever you want it. The machine takes about 60 seconds to heat up from cold, and about 15-30 seconds to brew a fresh cup right in your mug. It's actually kinda fun. the machine makes a variety of noises and vibrations then WHOOSH it's done.
smile.gif

Anyhoo, Check em' out, they get 4 of 5 stars from Unky Rev. Only 4 because of the "Flavia Only" coffee's, but those are pretty damn good so no worries.

Buy it directly through Flavia online, they are fast and easy and at least when it comes to ordering more coffee they have streamlined things quite a bit.

Flavia Online Store

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148489527 -->

FlaviaFusion.jpg

I don't drink coffee, but if I did, I'd follow Revlis like the lemming I am
biggrin.gif

I appeciate the vote VA, Now if I just had somewhere interesting to lead you...

I can think of one place... But that road is kinda hazardous sometimes...
tounge.gif

That's a good point. I am still using my Dyson BTW, Works like a champ, all I've done is wash the HEPA filter once.

That's a good point.  I am still using my Dyson BTW, Works like a champ, all I've done is wash the HEPA filter once.
I love the Dyson...can't believe I lived without it for so long, fighting a stinkin' Rainbow...

Wait, this isn't the Dyson thread is it?
laugh.gif

How about a nice cup fellas?

coffee.gif

The down side is that you have to use Flavia's coffees and teas. [/QUOTE]
Precicely why I dont use it anymore.
I (dummy me) did not know this till after I spent the 100 bucks on the machine.
If I had knew you was going to purchase a new machine,I would have gladly given you mine for free.
Besides,I need to drink a rather large cup to do any justice in the morning,and Flavia's is more like a shot......

smile.gif
That's too Bad man, You know the cup size is adjustable right?

If the coffees supplied by Flavia weren't really good, I'd be pretty pissed too. But they have a good selection and if you get creative the variety of drinks available is awesome.

BUT

It is spendy, though less than say Starbucks once a day so I find it to still be a bargain. What I do to fill my morning thermos is brew two packs of Sumatra with a bit of mocha. MmMmmm Tasty and strong. Also the Espresso roast is very good. Not a true espresso but really good.

Like I said though if you are a By the Pot kind of Coffee drinker then yeah the Flavia is probably not the best choice.

I love Coffee, infact we have a bunch of different coffee makers and Loads of different Coffee and Beans. But what I really liked, was the old Army Coffee boiled in a pot with egg shells in the bottom (kept from breakfast ) to keep the grinds on the bottom
tounge.gif

Ummmmmmmm, Yes I LOVE Coffee  
coffee.gif

Some of my favorite coffee is still made over a campfire in a pan. Or over a heating element in a pan. Drop a couple of ice cubes in just before pouring to keep the grounds at the bottom.

-Camp Coffee
-Military Coffee

What ever you want to call it. No filter to leach all the oils out of it so it stays nice and sweet.

I love Coffee, infact we have a bunch of different coffee makers and Loads of different Coffee and Beans. But what I really liked, was the old Army Coffee boiled in a pot with egg shells in the bottom (kept from breakfast ) to keep the grinds on the bottom
tounge.gif

Ummmmmmmm, Yes I LOVE Coffee  
coffee.gif
+1

Back