Squids with video cameras

I've watched it several times, still can't figure whay he ran across the center. Must have been a target fixate on something, those are all long open sweepers

Thats what I was saying. I think he followed that skid mark on the road perfectly.....right into the oncoming lane.

Do you guys think him being on the brakes caused him to go wide ?

Yeah Kenny, good call...:thumbsup:

IMHO, looks like this rider thought he/she was going into the corner TOO hot, and has decided to brake....right at tip-in time! (what the mind thinks >>> the body follows)

Anyone that has ever made this mistake....knows that the bike will want to stand up, due to the forces involved....and you'll lose your line, everytime!

If this rider stayed FOCUSSED and COMMITTED to making the corner and didn't PANIC by gettin' on the brakes at the WRONG time......he/she should have made that corner fairly easy (....just like his 2 mates in front [travelling at a higher speed]....and the 1 behind)!

I think a lotta ppl, when riding with a cam, tend to get focussed on (and occasionally distracted with) the footage that they are workin' on, instead of the "real" job-at-hand, ie: proper and full control of the m/cycle....probably best to mount the cam and then totally forget that it's even there (...until the ride is finished)!!!

I personally have been 'guilty' of the paragraph directly above :banghead:, and have learned (fortunately not in a harsh way like this vid clip) to stay dedicated to highest priority task...:thumbsup:

Yeah Kenny, good call...:thumbsup:

IMHO, looks like this rider thought he/she was going into the corner TOO hot, and has decided to brake....right at tip-in time! (what the mind thinks >>> the body follows)

Anyone that has ever made this mistake....knows that the bike will want to stand up, due to the forces involved....and you'll lose your line, everytime!

If this rider stayed FOCUSSED and COMMITTED to making the corner and didn't PANIC by gettin' on the brakes at the WRONG time......he/she should have made that corner fairly easy (....just like his 2 mates in front [travelling at a higher speed]....and the 1 behind)!

I think a lotta ppl, when riding with a cam, tend to get focussed on (and occasionally distracted with) the footage that they are workin' on, instead of the "real" job-at-hand, ie: proper and full control of the m/cycle....probably best to mount the cam and then totally forget that it's even there (...until the ride is finished)!!!

I personally have been 'guilty' of the paragraph directly above :banghead:, and have learned (fortunately not in a harsh way like this vid clip) to stay dedicated to highest priority task...:thumbsup:
That's why I said it, I have done this many times before when I first started riding in the twisty's, think to myself, "I'm going to fast.....I better slow down"....then hit the brakes, and the bike stands right up causing you to go wide. I remember hearing somewhere (Twist of the Wrist 2 maybe) that everything your brain tells you to do in a panic situation in a turn (like that 1) is all wrong.....like, get off the throttle, get on the brakes.

Holy pucker factor! Hope he brought an extra set of shorts. Hopefully he figures out what went wrong and makes the necessary adjustments.

What an idiot. Trying to keep up with his buddies. TRYING being the key work. That guy's days are numbered. Darwin at work.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is just an example of an unskilled motorcyclist. No good reason for missing that corner like that. It didn't even seem like he was going that fast.

eh, i dont think dude is as squid as yaul are making him out to be...

I mean the rider CLEARLY made a bad mistake. but after the mistake was made they stayed cool and the needed things to get out without a get off...

i think his ability to recover and not panic is a clear display of that. it could have been far worse if he locked up or anythign of the sort. the evasive moved helped a lot here

yeah Piscataway, I agree.....after the riders' initial mistake, he/she kept a VERY cool head.....which ultimately was the difference between riding on, and being taken away in an ambulance! :thumbsup:

He/she would of definately learnt something extremely valuable from that experience (...I hope!?!) :whistle:

But on another note - like (I think?) dadofthree mentioned.....very irresponsible in terms of "hit & run".....if ya f*#k up on the road and cause someone else grief and/or damage thru your own stupidity.....best to swallow your pride & "OWN" it!!!

What an idiot. Trying to keep up with his buddies. TRYING being the key work. That guy's days are numbered. Darwin at work.
Posted via Mobile Device

With that being said, we are all "Idiots" including the Pashnit himself. We all get in over out heads at some point. I've been there and so have you! Can you honestly post up, "I've never run wide on a corner"?

This was simply his time to run wide. If there had been no traffic coming he would have went out over the centerline and no one would have thought much about it. I think he did a remarkable job keeping his focus, it probably saved his life!

With that being said, we are all "Idiots" including the Pashnit himself. We all get in over out heads at some point. I've been there and so have you! Can you honestly post up, "I've never run wide on a corner"?

This was simply his time to run wide. If there had been no traffic coming he would have went out over the centerline and no one would have thought much about it. I think he did a remarkable job keeping his focus, it probably saved his life!

We've ALL also came out of situations that we should have went down in, due to nothing more than LUCK. We'll never know if it was luck or skill that saved him. I know I've had a FEW times where I couldn't tell you how I stayed up on both wheels, but I know it wasn't skill. I was just along for the ride. I think it was just 1 dumb mistake correcting another 1 in my case :laugh:

We've ALL also came out of situations that we should have went down in, due to nothing more than LUCK. We'll never know if it was luck or skill that saved him. I know I've had a FEW times where I couldn't tell you how I stayed up on both wheels, but I know it wasn't skill. I was just along for the ride. I think it was just 1 dumb mistake correcting another 1 in my case :laugh:

Would you consider yourself an "Idiot" because you survived? :laugh:

My point was, using the term "Idiot" when one makes a mistake or gets in over their head is not an appropriate term unless one is willing to apply the same standards and expectations to themselves!

Would you consider yourself an "Idiot" because you survived? :laugh:

My point was, using the term "Idiot" when one makes a mistake or gets in over their head is not an appropriate term unless one is willing to apply the same standards and expectations to themselves!

Hey, you know me Tuff....When it comes to me on a motorcycle, I'm VERY comfortable with the term IDIOT :laugh:

One more point against group rides, and that's why I never go on any group rides.

The guy is a fool trying to keep up with his buddies. His buddies are idiots because if you ride with a group - you ride as a group, otherwise it's not a group ride, it's something else.

The reality is that very few can restrain themselves from trying to keep up. And those few that have enough will power to do so are NOT enjoying such ride. So, what's the point?

I put my money where my mouth is - I've tried to ride with a group, I realized I am easily sucked into riding beyond the safe level, and I stopped riding with groups (not to mention I don't see a point of solitary activity such as riding a motorcycle turning into riding with strangers). A few times I rode with someone slower, I was the one who slowed down. I specifically explained ahead of time that if I go faster for a nice turn or a nice straightaway, I will slow down right after that section until they catch up to me.

Riding solo has great pluses which those who ride solo already know about...

EEEEEEEEEEK !!!!!
Every time I sit here and watch one of the vids, and I know something's comin up, I think my heart goes to 3 or 4 times the norm wheeeew

YES THAT WAS CLOSE !!!
(he better go and say a prayer of thanks cuz there was more divine guarding there then brain on his part)

It looked like to me he was riding a little above his current skill level and went a little wide at just the wrong time. I've done it as well, but wouldn't put a vid up of me flying on public roads for everyone to see.

One more point against group rides, and that's why I never go on any group rides.

The guy is a fool trying to keep up with his buddies. His buddies are idiots because if you ride with a group - you ride as a group, otherwise it's not a group ride, it's something else.

The reality is that very few can restrain themselves from trying to keep up. And those few that have enough will power to do so are NOT enjoying such ride. So, what's the point?

I put my money where my mouth is - I've tried to ride with a group, I realized I am easily sucked into riding beyond the safe level, and I stopped riding with groups (not to mention I don't see a point of solitary activity such as riding a motorcycle turning into riding with strangers). A few times I rode with someone slower, I was the one who slowed down. I specifically explained ahead of time that if I go faster for a nice turn or a nice straightaway, I will slow down right after that section until they catch up to me.

Riding solo has great pluses which those who ride solo already know about...
I AGREE !!

I ALWAYS rode by myself, and thought "this would be so much more fun with a group of bikes (people) than doing this alone". Then my father got a bike, and ALL my riding over the last year has been group rides (mostly Harleys). While I LOVE spending time with my Pop, I don't enjoy the parade style of riding with the Harleys, and when I'm with the sportbikes it feels like we're squiding it up. I went on my first solo ride in a while last week, I had so much fun I was gone for hours.

Back